Does anyone actually like Damian?

He’s annoying. But I can live with it.

If you haven’t read Tomasi and Gleasons Super Sons then I feel bad for you. Damian has become my favorite Robin, he was trained and given the world and he turned that away to have a more “normal” upbringing. He was really annoying in the beginning but he grows on you the more you read and then you can understand why he was such a dick.

1 Like

I think Damian is cool,but I also think he’s such a smart-ass and jack-ass.

I was a big fan of Tim Drake so was reluctant of Damien but I guess Drake had to grow up too. I like the Damien and Dick Graysin bond, they seem to be written together as big and little brothers. Makes Damien seem like li rs of a dick.

I mean, his relationship with Jonathan, I like (SUPER SONS IS AWESOME), but as his own character? Probably not.

He kinda acts like a spoiled brat constantly, refuses to obey orders, and often endangers people. In every movie and comic containing Damian I’ve ever seen, he’s shown hardly any character development. Maybe I need to read super sons so that I can find something redeemable about him.

Not a fan. too snotty, too powerful, too annoying.

1 Like

He was at his best when he was Dick Grayson’s sidekick as well as in super-sons.

5 Likes

I actually find the character interesting, he is my favorite robin. I guess I like him because he is a smart ass and you kind of want him to get put in his place. I can’t think of another hero that like him.

He’s an annoying, conceited little brat. And I strongly agree with Edward2042 that he needs to be put in his place. Where is Cassandra Sandsmark? She would put a world-class smack down on the little S#*t .

1 Like

( raises hand slowly ) I’m guilty.

1 Like

Damian is awesome because he is a little :poop:! It’s funny! And also he’s kinda badass for a 12 year old. Nightwing will always be my fav tho.

1 Like

Damian is one of my favorite characters. I love his sass and he deinately adds a new vibe to Robin. I, of course, love all Robins and have trouble picking a favorite but there was time where I was ALL about Damian. What really got me into him was during arc where Bruce “died” and Dick took on the role of the Bat after Battle for the Cowl (pre-new 52, around 2009-2011) and chose Damian as his Robin. Grant Morrison did such a great job with the (Dick Grayson) Batman and Robin title! Very entertaining and fun to see their relationship develop…Dick kind of “domesticating” Damian, hahaha. By the end of it, their bond is like no other.

Google “Damian Wayne letters to Dick Grayson” if you want to see heart melting cuteness.

Anither good read I recommend is in the same time period. Damian’s appearances in the pre new-52 Red Robin title are great. Not only is the art ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL (thank you Marcus To!) But it really shows a lot about Damian’s character and how far he’s come. How he has tried to prove himself worthy of his family’s trust and is crushed when he finds out Tim still considers him untrustworthy. The issue is on DC Universe. You should check it out!

I also recommend Streets of Gotham, with Damian and Colin Wilkes. One of my favorite reads.

Overall, Damian is a one-of-a-kind BAMF. Love him so much.

I like Damian Wayne , second favorite robin after Dick Grayson

I was not a Damian fan from the start. I’m 54 so disrespectful Damian was too far from my comfort level and expectations of the kind of guy I thought should be named Robin. Before that, I had only given the first arc of Morrison’s Batman and Robin a sample. I’ve watched all the DCAU direct to video movies and have not liked the New 52 stories there either. It wasn’t until he died and I read his post-resurrection solo series that I warmed up to him. Acknowledging younger readers entering the DC stream, I’ve accepted Damian is here to stay. Tho the less focus we put on the math of how old each Robin had been when they partnered with Batman the better. LOL

1 Like

I never liked Jason Todd, or Dick Grayson I don’t know about red robin , nightwing and red hood are awesome, Damian Wayne is the first robin that I’ve liked. also the first robin to ware pants and dark colors.

1 Like

I think I’ll go read . Read red robin it looked like there are a few on here

Nah

I thought Damian was a very interesting character in Son Of Batman. The fact that he has Wayne blood, and thus the whole history of Wayne philanthropy, goodness, and charity, but was raised by the dangerous, deadly, one-sided Al-Ghul fanatics, made him a very conflicted young fellow. His battle with his honed instincts against his father’s more restrained methods is very natural, and very sympathetic. He is my second favorite Robin behind the original, Dick Greyson.

2 Likes

Supercrook

I gave u a thumbs up cuz if u scroll down to djd, I posted almost verbatim what u just did 3wks ago. We hit on the same points on almost everything we said, including 2nd favorite was Dick. Great minds think alike!!!