Does anyone actually like Damian?

He’s my favorite Robin. He’s like Jason Todd done right.

2 Likes

I didn’t care much for Damien until Peter Tomasi and Pat Gleason’s run on the new 52 Batman And Robin book that really defined the character for me I miss that book and the father son dynamic they brought to it

I think Damian is a cool character. He provides a different take on the role of Robin than the other have. Sure he’s a little shit but that’s kinda part of him - someone who you have to warm up to because he’s used to being top dog all the time, and that’s interesting for the character of Robin. The run with Dick as Batman and Damian as his Robin is a fairly good run to get really introduced to his character more. And I would also say Super Sons is also a nice view of Damian not totally being a little shit all the time. New 52’s Robin War really shows the differences in all 4 of the main Robins and what their take on being the hero is, gives a neat perspective for all of them.

3 Likes

I HATED Damien until Super Sons came out then I really loved the Chemistry it totally turned me into a fan. I even like him now in the Animated films.

But…then they canceled Super Sons :frowning:

3 Likes

I like Damien as Robin but I miss Tim Drake.

1 Like

I like Damian but he’s to cocky just because he was trained by the leauge of assassins doesn’t mean he should think he’s better than everyone else. But I’m more of a Jason fan. He came all the way from the dead to kill the joker plus he’s crazy enough to steal from Nightwing. ( thats why Jason has a blue bike that doesn’t go with his colors.)

2 Likes

I liked the Batman & Robin dynamic with Dick and Damian. Their brotherly relationship got me to like Damian. Nightwing 42 is a story about Dick rescuing Damian and is a fun look at their dynamic through Damian’s eyes.

1 Like

I loath him and want Joker to kill him off next. However, I agree that he’s tolerable with dick and that their relationship is usually actually good

He’s my favorite Robin. :joy:

2 Likes

I hate him. Especially after injustice 2

1 Like

personally i like damian, just because hes batmans son. Also because he was trained by the league. But hes whiney bad attitude does get annoying.

Damian is easily my favorite Robin. And think he’s a very interesting and complex character.

Have you read Pete Tomasi’s Batman and Robin run? If not, I would check that out. Damian is easy to oversimplify but he’s a very interesting character, with a lot of heart, if you take the time to get to know him.

I also think he makes the most sense as a Robin, based on his background, training, and the fact that he’s Bruce’s son. Where others just felt like child endangerment.

2 Likes

Damian is my favorite Robin.

4 Likes

I’m actually a fan of Damian, he’s a total bad ass

4 Likes

I was starting to warm up to him in Peter Tomasi’s Super Sons, but recently under other writers he has regressed back into the little s*#t, so I would like to see someone take him down a few pegs. Cassandra Cain comes to mind.

1 Like

Damian is my favorite Robin, Grayson close second. Damian is for sure the most badass but also being the grandson of Ra’s, and the son of Talia and Bruce Wayne sets him apart for me.

4 Likes

Damien reminds me of Hit-Girl, from Kick-Ass, just a kid but blood thirsty and dangerous. And it proves Bruce has some lead in his pencil. The other’s, Dick and Jason had no relation to Bruce, in today’s climate that would raise some eyebrows.

He cools but I can live without him.

I like him. There is a lot going on with this kid. How he was raised. Finding his way with Batman. Justice not vengeance

2 Likes

I liked him written by Morrison, otherwise, nope!