Does anyone actually like Damian?

Good morning DCU members. My name is Jay and I do a podcast over on Podbean. It’s called “ The Podcast from Earth 2” and it’s a dc multiverse based podcast where I also talk about the dc cw arrowverse so if you guys want to you could follow me on twitter and all my info is on there @PodcastEarth2. If you like leave a comment and like the episodes. If you want to be involved ask about co hosting positions. All you need is a phone and a podcasting app. Ex: Anchor. It’s free

I like him he’s a really badass character

1 Like

Nope, I stopped reading Batman when it was apparent he was here to stay. Tim Drake will always be Robin to me.

1 Like

I was in fifth grade when I first began collecting comics, my first series I started reading was Grant Morrison’s Batman and Robin Reborn, that was also my first real introduction to Damian and over the course of that series I really began to like his character and his attitude. There was such great contrast between him and Dick and they developed a fascinating relationship. I still love reading the books he’s in.

Epic Robin stories

Robin Year 1
A death in the family
A lonely place of dying
Robin: A hero reborn

2 Likes

Grant Morrison writes him in a compelling way… other than that? I don’t like him

Back in the day, no. I absolutely hated Damian in the beginning of Grant Morrison’s run which I think was kind of the point. I think that Damian was designed to be an unlikeable character in the beginning but then through Grant’s entire run on Batman even his death I grew to love Damian Wayne. I really found appreciation for Damian when it came to his brotherly relationship with Dick Grayson and their dynamic as Batman and Robin was something very special.

Also Damian as Batman in the 666 timeline is the coolest thing ever and I cannot wait to read more of it in Arkham Asylum 2.

He is written of course very well by Grant Morrison, Pete Tomasi and the little bits that Tom King has done with him in his run.

1 Like

Ugh, no, I hate him. And watching him go through his arc to become a tolerable person is like watching :poop: dry. I’m convinced that, in the end, he’ll still be :poop: to me. That’s just how hard I’ve set against him so far. Maybe I’ll come around. Maybe not. But it’s not a make-or-break deal or anything. I can still enjoy shows despite him.

1 Like

At first I HATED this brat, but over the years people changed and I started to like him

Yeah. If I had to rank the Robins he would be number two behind Grayson in my opinion. If you don’t think so, watch Son of Batman the kid is ruthless.

2 Likes

I’ve only seen the New 52 animated film universe, but I love him.

1 Like

We are absolutely supposed to dislike Damian. The strong feelings you have towards him means the writers are doing their job well. When they tone down the pompous jackass side of his personality, Damian is a more appealing character, in either Batman, Teen Titans or Super Sons. The great thing about Damian as a character is the potential for personal growth and the possibility of remorse and redemption. This uppity sadistic control freak actually has a big heart.

I also agree that Damian as Batman 666 is a fantastic idea that really needs to be expanded on. I think Batman 666 would be the perfect kind of project for the DC Streaming Service.

2 Likes

Yes I like him he carries the role better then any one else and he’ll he s batman son he kick all the other robins asses so yea I like him best and don’t care what anyone one says he’ll he beat superman none of the others did that so give him his dos love him

I freaking love the little bastich. I haven’t read the Deathstroke/Batman baby daddy drama yet but I’m stoked on it big time. He is such a mean little cuss perfect mix of his mom and dad.

Damian Wayne is a great character!!

He’s really great. I will say this…The Teen Titans are kinda ehh with him. I wish Tim Drake stayed young. I love it with him, Connor, Cassie, and Gar.

2 Likes

But him in Son of Batman… A 10 year old killing it! He took Deathstroke’s eye? What?! The fight scene between those 2 is EPIC!!

1 Like

His character leaves a lot for the story writers. I love his relationship with Dick Grayson. Damian looks to him as a father figure and lets the kid iside show.

1 Like

Inside

Read my new post. What do you think?