Do You Know Where Your Fave Is?

If my information is correct (and it may not be), the Bizarro currently active in the DCU, is #3. How was he created, and whatever happen to #1 & 2? :smile:

Floyd Ventris made his last appearance in 2003’s H-E-R-O #9. We encounter him in the middle of a jewelry store heist, where we learn that he’s spent the time since his breakout lying low and is only just now getting back into thievery. Unfortunately, the then-current criminal possessor of the H-Dial, former Joker henchman Tony Finch, was attempting to rob the store at the same time, and he shot the one-time Mirror Man to take his score.

Simon Stagg and Stagg Enterprises played a major role in The Terrifics, having acquired Mr. Terrific’s company. The last days of Simon Stagg’s life are shown in The Terrifics #26-28, where the business magnate passes away from the final stagess of pancreatic cancer. Stagg Enterprises now operates under the management of his equally amoral son, Sebastian Stagg – most recently seen in the late 2020 “Endless Winter” event, awakening an ancient ice demigod while mining in the Arctic.

The first Bizarro in current continuity is one which Lex Luthor created in the Forever Evil storyline, who dies before the event’s end. The second is the Bizarro of Bizarro World, which currently exists as an alternate Earth. He’s still alive and well, raising his Bizarro family there. The third Bizarro is a second attempt by Luthor to clone his own Superman, who was adopted by Jason Todd and Artemis as one of the “Outlaws” in the Red Hood and the Outlaws series. Last time he was featured in a major storyline was at the end of the Outlaws series, where he had defeated Trigon and taken a leadership position in Hell. But that storyline has been pretty much abandoned since writer Scott Lobdell left DC.

1 Like

Great answers sir. Such a quick response, I was not expecting. So, let me respond in kind. Floyd Ventris was shot, you say, but not killed? You’re very careful with your words, so I’m assuming that is the case. If true, he still remains a problem for Batman. Any reason given thus far, for why he hasn’t made use of a multi-million $$$ “secret?” Like putting it up for auction on the black market, maybe?

Regarding Simon Stagg, my condolences to his daughter Sapphire. He may have been a hard hearted capitalist, but he thought the world of his only female child! It is unusual for active, supporting cast members to pass away. Especially to very real world ailments or disease. First time I’m hearing about a son, though. Sounds like this apple didn’t fall far from the tree, as they say.

And Bizarro #3 has defeated Trigon, you say. TRIGON? And has (or had) a leadership position in Hell? Man, it’s amazing the things that transpire in the DCU, when you’re not looking. Great job Qmeister. And thanks, again! :grinning:

1 Like

Well, in the issue, whether Floyd survived the shooting is left open to interpretation, presumably in case anyone else ever wanted to use him again. It’s been almost 20 years now, so it’s probably pretty safe to say he died that night.

But to answer your other question, Floyd seemed pretty scared of Batman when we last checked up on him. It could be he was worried about what would happen to him if he were the one to spill the beans.

2 Likes

I wonder if he left a will, with that information in it? Knowing that Batman couldn’t reach him in death, maybe he … but as you say, it’s been 20 years. If true, certainly someone would have made use of it, by now. Still, it might’ve made a good follow-up story, on a *voice from the grave" don’t you think?

2 Likes

With November being Wildstorm month any idea where my favorite Stormwatcher, Fuji, is?

3 Likes

Has V been up to anything since V for Vendetta?

1 Like

Only in the philosophical sense that V is an idea that has proliferated memetically through culture from fiction into reality, and continues to exist as a symbol of proactive, if perhaps overly destructive, rebellion against fascist authority.

But, like, V the guy? No he’s dead.

4 Likes

I knew i should’ve waited until I finished the series to ask you…

Well that’s unfortunate…

I’m still gonna finish it though

2 Likes

Ask a HubCityQuestion, get a HubCityAnswer.

4 Likes

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’m not upset with you. I mean the series ended 30 years ago… I think. I’m still loving the series. Spoilers don’t bother me as much as they should lol

I appreciate your answers though!

2 Likes

Has The Fierce Flame made it into any other DC properties besides Lego Batman 3?

1 Like

Nope! This character was created by a contest winner specifically for the game, and has yet to make the jump anywhere else.

2 Likes

@wrightline1.42741 Technically, the Bizarro from the rebirth version of Red Hood and the Outlaws - e.g. this one:

appeared (apparently dumber than ever, and as simplistic as ever without and absent all the character development that happened in the Rebirth Red Hood) in the Webtoon Red Hood and the Outlaws that was releasing earlier this year -
doing very fanon like things, like for some reason being on Dino Island fighting ‘chickens.’

Because the DCU as it exists in Webtoon, as the DCU exists to the popular culture for normies, is largely the fanon one that exists on sites like tumblr and elsewhere, divorced from the actual comic books (or any other actual canon material). Don’t get me wrong, sometimes it’s a kinder, simpler DCU - but it’s annoying when people think Clark would ever be a bad family member/father/etc., or based on Injustice, that turning evil is the most likely or logical outcome for Superman, etc.

2 Likes

So I know he dies in the Bronze Age, but has General Glory been revived?

1 Like

After Rebirth, general glory worked with red hood, artemis and bizarro.

1 Like

Oh thanks! Do you know what series that’s in?

1 Like

That’s Red Hood: Outlaw #43-47.

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Decades ago, the Death of Superman was an event that got nationwide media coverage. It spawned several characters who laid claim to the vacated position. Among them was the Cyborg Superman (still around, i see). But whatever happened to the Eradicator? Was he finally “eradicated?”

3 Likes