Do You Know Where Your Fave Is?

Wondering what your favorite character is up to in canon, or where they were last seen? No matter how obscure, I’ll find them for you. Ask away.

18 Likes

Tim Drake. What do you think his future looks like? I thought he was getting a name change from Red Robin but I might be wrong.

5 Likes

Tim’s gone back to his identity as Robin, dropping the “Red.” He’s been slowly recovering his Pre-Flashpoint memories of his time with Young Justice, as he reunites with some of his old crew. You can check him out as one of the stars of Brian Michael Bendis’s ongoing Young Justice series.

5 Likes

As for his future… that I can’t predict. But all will be revealed in good time within Young Justice.

4 Likes

Thanks! I didnt know Bendis was on Young Justice. I imagine its pretty good. Now the time to decide whether should I buy or wait for it to come on DCU.

4 Likes

Geoforce haven’t really seen him since New52 launch. Would think slightly reckless but patriotic royal heir would still work as a character (see YJ)

4 Likes

I am about to find out, when Hawkman vol 1 gets here next month.

3 Likes

I am about to find out, when Hawkman vol 1 gets here next month.

@mgstv: Geo-Force showed up in Doomsday Clock, as the leader of a new incarnation of The Outsiders that protects Markovia. Other members include Eradicator and Wylde (from the 90s incarnation of the team), and newcomers Baroness Bedlam and a fourth Terra.

6 Likes

@Behemoth.Ravenlord I won’t spoil it for you then. Anyone else you want to know about?

4 Likes

Has Rebirth really affected Cassandra Cain’s origins at all? Did they try and bring back any of her original history, or have they stuck with Tynion’s woeful rendition?

4 Likes

Well, Tynion brought back her connection to Lady Shiva for a really terrific League of Shadows arc. And while the backstory may be a little different, I’d say Cassandra Cain’s CHARACTER remains intact. The arc in question was collected in Detective Comics #950-956.

6 Likes

Furthermore, in the climactic finale of Tynion’s Detective run, Cass and Steph’s entire memories of their pre-Flashpoint continuity are given back to them by Brother Eye.

5 Likes

Starting off light, you know I have to ask about Zatanna, @HubCityQuestion!

3 Likes

Zatanna’s one of the lead characters of Justice League Dark right now! The Lords of Order are threatening to destroy all magic in the universe, ostensibly to protect it from a much bigger threat… so in order to preserve magic, Zatanna and Wonder Woman have just been deputized by Mordru as Lords of Chaos.

3 Likes

So what’s Penguin doing now? Last I heard he team up with Batman and even knows his secret identity! :penguin:

3 Likes

Hi Reaganfan! The story where Penguin confronts Bruce about being Batman was a special written for Detective Comics #1000, and took place in the distant future when they’re both old men. So if Penguin does discover his identity, it hasn’t happened yet.

In the present day, Penguin is currently playing a major role in the ongoing storyline of RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS. Red Hood has orchestrated a hostile takeover of Iceberg Lounge and all of Penguin’s assets, having trapped him inside the walls of his own club. Things look pretty bleak for him right now, but once he escapes, he’s determined to have his revenge.

2 Likes

You’re slightly off on the Cassandra remembering things. The alternate universe Tim Drake shows them an image of them in their old costumes as a way to say that their Batman doesn’t trust them, but it blows up in his face when it only inspires them.

1 Like

The Question?

@Jay_Kay I interpreted the sequence to be more than a series of images, but a transfer of their timelines. Such is the static nature of comics that it could be seen either way.