Do You Know Where Your Fave Is?

Post-Oracle Barbara Gordon trivia coming up.

3 Likes

Not even as a joke

2 Likes

Recently it was asked if Wildcat ever met the Wild C.A.T S and you pointed to a crossover between the JSA and Wildstorm where the JSA visited Tranquility in the Wildstorm Universe as the closest they ever got. That brought back fond memories of that Gail Simone series and started me wondering: Has that retirement village for Metas made any recent appearances in the DCU.

2 Likes

Hello @HubCityQuestion, hope you’re having a great day. Do you know what’s Creeper is doing now? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Nope, Tranquility has not appeared in any DC title since the Dreamwar crossover.

I am, thanks for asking! Creeper was last seen in Doomsday Clock, as one of the metahumans taking refuge in Kahndaq’s borders under Black Adam. In Future State, however, we know he eventually goes back to being a Gotham-based news pundit as Jack Ryder.

2 Likes

A few months ago (I think), I put forth a query as to whether Lois Lane, Vicki Vale and Iris West had ever appeared together in print. @CaptainYesterday provided a pretty good answer to that, at the time. I realize now, I should have included another reporter, with a lesser known profile. Marla Manning was introduced in Batman #217 (vol. 1), in 1969. The story (written by Frank Robbins) was titled “One Bullet too Many.” In it, he introduced both her and the Victims Inc. Program, aka VIP. Which entailed a series of articles she wrote, that Bruce Wayne took great interest in. The story concluded in the next issue of Detective Comics #394.

Not sure if this was the first story with a multi-title component or not. But you might, good sir.

Anyway, the author’s intention was to create future stories that would spotlight the human interest side of Batman, through his alter-ego. I liked the idea for the character. Unfortunately, it never caught on. As fans apparently wanted more Bats and less Bruce. And it (like Ms. Manning) were soon in the rear view mirror of Gotham life. Is she still around in the DCU, these days? I’d hate to think of her wasting away in “Limbo” somewhere. :slightly_frowning_face:

Well, 'til Chucky meets Scarface …

Stay safe, be well.

4 Likes

I’ve been summoned

2 Likes

It Also helps to remember that crisis reboots people and history so Gardner will likely remember ice killing him sometime in the future.

3 Likes

Before David Zavimbe and Luke Fox took on the mantle of Batwing, there was Charles Bullock. Bullock portrayed a similar supporting character called Blackwing, in the Huntress series, running as a back-up feature in Wonder Woman (vol.1). When the Earths merged after the first CRISIS, and everything following since, including Rebirth, whatever happened to him?

2 Likes

Was recently researching some Charlton characters of old. Discovered a new Son of Vulcan exists in the DCU. His name is Miguel Devante. He was last seen with the Teen Titans. An action which left him in a coma. What’s his status today?

3 Likes

Has Baylor been anywhere besides Section Eight or Hitman?

The first story with a multi-title component actually ran through MLJ’s Pep Comics #4, Top Notch Comics #5, and Pep Comics #5 in 1940, for a team-up between The Shield and The Wizard! (Today, CMJ is better known as Archie Comics.)

Alas, Ms. Manning has not appeared in comics since Batman #249, in 1973.

Nothing we know of! Blackwing has yet to appear at all since Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Miguel Devante does make a cameo in 2016’s Suicide Squad Most Wanted: El Diablo #3, where we see he’s at least occasionally still active as a hero in Gotham. Later, Future State: Teen Titans presents him as one of the young heroes who have perished since the present day (fortunately, that future has now been averted).

Recently, nowhere other than DC: The Doomed and the Damned, for that Darkseid drinking contest. But I should note that Baytor is actually a character originally from Garth Ennis and John McCrea’s run on The Demon, which unfortunately remains undigitized. Baytor was first present through The Demon (1990) in issues #43-58.

1 Like

Wow! Nice job Q. And welcome back! Although I should have been more specific about the multi-title aspect of my question. I was of course referring to any DC titles. But, that’s on me. Nice Golden Age grab though. Have a great night!

2 Likes

Drats!

1 Like

Maybe in November 2022.

1 Like

Timothy Hunter, formerly of Books of Magic, later, Justice League Dark. Destined to become “Sorcerer Supreme” in the DCU (or something like that). Wherefore art thou? Surly “Limbo” is not the place for this young man.

1 Like

Batman vs Robin # 1.

3 Likes

Yep. Tim Hunter and Jakeem Thunder are currently under the thrall of the Devil Nezha, the major antagonist of Batman Vs. Robin.

3 Likes

Before Sam Scudder, the original Mirror Master, there was Floyd Ventris. He called himself Mirror Man, and fought Batman a couple of times, back in '54 and '63. His last appearance was Batman #400, in '86 (as far as I know). He was freed from Blackgate prison (along with many others) by Ra’s al Ghul. All the others were eventually recaptured, but for Ventris. He remains at large and a real threat to the Dark Knight, having previously discovered the true identity of the man behind the mask. Whatever happened to him?

2 Likes

What’s up with Simon Stagg and Stagg Enterprises, these days?

1 Like