Digitized Comics Unavailable (or in Alternate Locations) on DC Universe Infinite: A Directory

Weekly Update (2/1/22)

Removals:

Digitized Comics Available in Reprints on DCUI

Title Issue #s
Batman (1940) 133

:kitemanhqtas: :kite_man_hell_yeah:

4 Likes

Weekly Update (2/9/22)

Additions:

Digitized Comics Unavailable on DCUI - DC/WildStorm

Title Issue #s Available In Comixology hoopla Notes
Best of DC Blue Ribbon Digest, The 24 (“The Legion of Super-Heroes”) Legion of Super-Heroes: Before The Darkness Vol. 2 Legion of Super-Heroes (1980-) Vol. 2: Before the Darkness - Comics by comiXology https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/14864863 Excerpt (“Murder in Glass”)

Removals:

Title Issue #s
Teen Titans Go!: Booyah! 1-4
4 Likes

Unsurprisingly, and as predicted, all of the Comixology links on my spreadsheets and throughout this thread are now useless and defunct as of today, with the switchover to Amazon. As if that wasn’t bad enough, this is what’s currently passing for their “new releases” page: 30 random comics (nowhere even close to all of this week’s releases), presented in a random order, with no way to sort by publisher. All of which will make continuing this project on a week-to-week basis exceedingly difficult. I’d call the Amazon digital comics shopping experience garbage, but that would be an insult to garbage.

That said, Presidents’ Day weekend is coming up, and I could spend my free time updating the links, but I don’t want that time to be wasted if people aren’t going to use those links. It’s easy enough to copy and paste the title of a book and enter it into your search engine of choice to find it on a digital outlet. But if people want the Amazon links badly enough, I’m happy to add them. So, let’s run a poll. Should I:

• Replace the Comixology links with Amazon links
  • Remove the Comixology links entirely

0 voters

Alternately, if anyone knows of any digital comics stores other than Amazon, please let me know, as I can’t seem to find any.

1 Like

I like the idea of the links as I’m sure you do, but given the circumstances, I wouldn’t mind you taking some time off from that endeavor.

3 Likes

Doing a slow paced linking might be best depending on your schedule.

2 Likes

It would have to be either this weekend or never. I would just sit down for a couple of hours and knock it out. But it’s not something that I would want to come back to over and over again.

BTW, it’s a darn good thing that I started this project when Comixology existed, because it never would have happened under the current Amazonian conditions.

Also BTW, in case anyone was wondering, there was nothing new this week.

4 Likes

You do what you feel is best. I wouldn’t mind you taking a few weeks/months to update, instead of trying to knock it out in one go, but again, what you feel best is on you.

1 Like

The Comixology links have now been removed from the spreadsheets, except for the Issues Missing from DCUI one, which have been replaced with Amazon links. I want some direct proof that those issues are indeed available digitally somewhere. In the process of replacing those links, however, I discovered that some of the issues are now also missing from Amazon, in particular the Aquaman Adventure Comics compilation issues. Since those no longer seem to be available anywhere at all, and since they were never technically complete “issues” as such, I am removing them from the list and revising the number of missing issues down to 19.

The Aquaman excerpts from Adventure Comics #435-437, 441-443, 445-447, 449-455 can be read in the book Aquaman: The Death of a Prince Deluxe Edition. The excerpts from #260 & 269 can be read in Aquaman: A Celebration of 75 Years (not available on hoopla). The digitized Aquaman excerpt from Adventure Comics #270 is now completely unavailable.

Blackhawks (2011) #2 is also bizarrely missing from Amazon. In fact, the entire series except for issue #1 is missing from there. But I’m not going to remove it from the list, since that issue definitely is supposed to be on DCUI and needs to be kept track of.

7 Likes

This is fantastic @KookieSuperApe! I will need to look into it further. Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Weekly Update (3/9/22)

Additions:

Title Issue #s Available In hoopla Notes
Green Arrow: Stranded Own title https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/14939806 Graphic novel

Creator-Owned/Third-Party IP Titles Originally Published by DC

Title Issue #s Original Imprint Current Publisher Available In hoopla Notes
Life Eaters, The WildStorm IDW Own title N/A Graphic novel
2 Likes

Side note
Oddly enough, one compilation issue still exists in the store: Adventure Comics (1935-1983) #449-450
And the rest are still in my library at least!

1 Like

Weekly Update (3/17/22)

Digitized Comics Unavailable on DCUI - Vertigo

Additions:

Title Issue #s Available In hoopla Comixology Unlimited Notes
Hellblazer Special: Bad Blood 1-4 John Constantine, Hellblazer Vol. 26: The Curse of the Constantines https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/14939743 N/A Complete series

Removals:

Title Issue #s
DMZ 1-72

DMZ is now available on DCUI! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Ain’t no party like a spreadsheet item removal party

2 Likes

Weekly Update (3/31/22)

Issues Missing From DCUI

Removals:

Title Issue #s
Blackhawks (2011) 2
Suicide Squad (1987) 21

Not one, but two missing issues have turned up! Blackhawks (2011) #2 got fixed, and Suicide Squad (1987) #21 was added. :partying_face: The number of missing issues goes down to 17.

Hat tip to @Vroom for pointing this out, otherwise I wouldn’t have thought to check, at least not for a while.

6 Likes

Hooray!

2 Likes

“No prob, Bob.” :+1:t2:

Also, one good hat tip deserves another:

1 Like

Tiny Titans #41 to #50

1 Like

Yes, they’re on the list. They can be read here:

https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/11883304

https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/11883308

3 Likes