Dick Grayson Fan Club: Nightwing: The New Order (2017-2018) #1-6: January 1-31

Happy New Year, @DickGraysonClub! To start off the NEW year, we will be reading Nightwing: The NEW Order #1-6! (I’m sorry I had to make the pun)

NIGHTWING: THE NEW ORDER is the story of a future world without “weapons”—where superpowers have been eliminated and outlawed. The man responsible? None other than Dick Grayson, a.k.a. Nightwing, now leader of a government task force called the Crusaders who are charged with hunting the remaining Supers. But when events transpire which turn the Crusaders’ aim toward Grayson’s own family, the former Boy Wonder must turn against the very system he helped create, with help from the very people he’s been hunting for years—the last metahumans of the DC Universe. Don’t miss this bold new vision from the team behind the New York Times bestseller BATMAN: GATES OF GOTHAM!

:sunny: :sunny: Spoilers Start Now :sunny: :sunny:

Discussion Questions:

• What do you think of this version of Dick Grayson?

• Mar’i Grayson vs. Jake Grayson. Did you like this change from Kingdom Come? Who do you prefer?

If you have any questions, feel free to message me (@Nightroia) or @A1waysAJ

3 Likes

JUMANJI (aka Happy New Year everyone)!!! :joy::rofl::rofl::sob::sob::sob: oh I crack myself up [wipes tear from eye].

Sweet! I’ve read this a while back when it was for the DCU Book Club, and it’s pretty good. One thing I’ll say in general right now is that while he’s adjacent to it, it’s cool to see more Elseworld style books that don’t immediately focus on the Trinity.

2 Likes

I haven’t read it yet but I certainly will on the 21st when DCU becomes DCUi. But I have to say from what I’ve seen I love the artist he also did like issue 4 of Nightwing during Kyle Higgins run (so not the first time they’ve worked together) and I absolutely loved the art that issue. IDK just something about the way he draws hair fascinates me. Really weird IK but it felt very realistic/proportionat but little things like the hair makes it feel a bit cartoony too and I’ve always wanted to draw like that.

2 Likes

Okay, I just finished and I love this story so much! I was not expecting to like it this much in the slightest! And I love the art as I thought I would. Still so fascinated by the way he does hair :joy::joy: My favorite part was when Jake said “I wish I could be a better Robin to you” :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: My wittle heart :heart: and I love seeing Kory and Dick together and the dynamic in the family after she left is really interesting. IDK why but it reminds me of when she was forced to marry someone else back in NTT, but I actually found myself digging this more.
Honestly, I don’t find Dick in this story to be any more different than who he normally is. He’s always been very steadfast in his beliefs, this is just the flip side to that. If you’ve been pushed to your limit how far will you go to fix things?
I haven’t read Kingdom Come or anything of Mar’i so I think by default I have to choose Jake, but I call the Dick/Kory ship Nightstar because of her so I think they both have a place and I would like to see both happen in main continuity. Would love to see where Jake goes and just who he becomes.

1 Like