Debate: Which Flash Is the Best?

@cnzspuk, no problem. It’s due time I revisited those myself.

1 Like

Going back to Wally and why he’s the *GOAT of the Flashes. It’s very simple, for the roughly 20yrs he had sole claim, no Flash before or since had been developed deeper in all areas than him. Sorry present day Barry, but for all intents and purposes you’re just a re-packaged Wally.

*G.O.A.T - Greatest Of All Time… For those who aren’t sports fans. :grin:

4 Likes

Wally has always been MY Flash. Mainly because, at he time I started reading his book, we were the same age. Barry by contrast, was already a grown up who was settled into a steady relationship. . So while he may have been like a cool teacher or uncle…at the end of the day, he wasn’t really the person you really related to the way you did with your peers.
With Wally though, we got to see him go through the same kinda stuff we were dealing with. relationships, mistakes, insecurities and everything else that comes around when you’re finding yourself passing out of the wild years of high school and college and moving into being an adult. And since we were all moving through that life along with Wally, he was much harder to let go of than Barry was.
What was worse was Wally was taken from us in such a dismissive way. First by being written out of existence in favor of the recently returned Barry Allen. Now I had no problem with Barry coming back or even taking the lead in the Flash comics. He had been gone for well over twenty years! He was due some time in the lime-light, and even Wally had grown to such a point, that he didn’t mind stepping back and giving Barry his due.
But when New52 launched and we got handed phrases like Wally Who? No room for Wally! Barry’s the Iconic Flash (Funny every time I meet someone , the first thing they think of when they hear Flash is Flash Gordon! "FLASH! AAAAH-AHHHHH!!!)…we’re focusing on New readers. .It really soured the taste in our mouths for what was supposed to be the best time to be a Flash fan.
So while I have no disrespect for Barry, (I’m collecting as much of his run as I can) I have to say that Wally West will always be THE FLASH to me.

8 Likes

@golddragon71 Very. Well. Said!! :clap:

5 Likes

I am rather partial to both Jay Garrick and Barry Allen, though I am very partial to the Mark Waid run w/ Wally.

1 Like

To be honest Impulse is the best

2 Likes

Wally west for sure

5 Likes

Wally will always have a special place in my heart, but I think as limited as his run was Bart’s run as the flash will always be my favorite limited run.

1 Like

Wally West, though Barry gets too much hate and Jay is underappreciated.

3 Likes

Just to be different, I’m gonna say Avery Ho. I’m really liking the Justice League of China stories, and so far, she’s the only Flash to not either be sucked into the Speed Force or kill anyone.

3 Likes

Wally duh, he’s faster

1 Like

Wally duh, he’s faster

1 Like

Wally duh, he’s faster

1 Like

Of course Barry, he learned almost everything there is to know about the speed force and anything it can do.

3 Likes

Of course Barry, he learned almost everything there is to know about the speed force and anything it can do.

3 Likes

Jay garrick is my favourite and his costume is just so awsome

2 Likes

Barry without question. He kicks so much ass and no one can even compare to him. Barry Allen FTW.

2 Likes

Gotta go with Bart purely out of bias lmao

3 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes