Dear DC Diary

I read more Justice Society.

6 Likes

I read some Justice Society on Tuesday. I’ll read another one on this coming Tuesday.

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 04-04-00 Justice Society of America Vol 2 8

4 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

I was making some purchases on InstockTrades and noticed they had Batman Nightfall volume III for sale. I bought volumes I and II when they first came out but for some reason never got III (probably because I had just graduated college).

So I took the plunge and bought volume III. Now, after only 30 years of waiting, I will finally figure out what happened. I am going to re-read I and II because my memory of the entire story was long ago purged during a routine memory dump. Should be fun. And who knows, maybe I’ll become a big Batman fan all over again just like the late 80’s and early 90’s. (Fun Fact: I called the phone number to vote for Jason Todd to live, and my Dad is still rolling in his grave over the 50 cent charge (can’t blame him- that was like $1,000 in today’s money)). :laughing:

6 Likes

Thanks for helping my son.

6 Likes

You’re welcome. No one deserves to die just because they are annoying.

6 Likes

Thank you! I hope everyone sees this because it’s true. “jAsOn tOdD wAs aNnOyInG!” Jason Todd was a child… of course he was at the time, but the beauty about growing up is realizing that you’re more mature than you used to be and you move on.

5 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

Dear DC Diary,
I know we don’t talk much, but I just wanted to say that I relate to socially awkward, possibly-adhd-having Flash from Superman: Space Age

Anyways, bye

7 Likes

@Reaganfan78 @Daredevil

6 Likes

Dear DC Journal,

I read the first issue of Joshua Williamson’s Superman, and I like it! I’d like it a lot better if someone cowrote it, and was able to fix the awful dialogue, but it’s still pretty good.

6 Likes

I also find Williamson is not good at dialogue.

5 Likes

The funny thing is that all of his comics with adults kind of read like they were written for kids, but Robin, a comic where the main characters are teenagers, is the only one that actually reads like a mainline, 13+, comic.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Dairy>Journal

I like this thread too much to see crimes like this go unanswered :smile:

3 Likes

I support freedom of speech. Bobo is free to use whatever word he wants.

5 Likes

Curious, what do you find off about his dialogue? Nothing bad really stands out to me.

2 Likes

Dale Eaglesham is my best historical penciler.

7 Likes

I :purple_heart: all of this!

Keaton B-Man! :00_batman_1992:

Truth
Truer words were never spoken. :face_with_monocle: :+1:

5 Likes