Dear DC Diary

You gotta start them out young… but it might take you a bit :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I own the unaltered Batman Dammed physical book that has Batman’s infamous gadget in mint condition :wink:
I’m quite proud to own it.

I would love to show the damn thing in it’s full bat glory but unfortunately DC has a weird rule about Batman that showing anything below the utility belt might ruin something about the character. At least we’ll always have the internet.

5 Likes

For yesterday.

I read more Justice Society.

4 Likes

A rare best image that does not have Stargirl in it.

3 Likes

dear DC Diary,

sad news about writer Rachel Pollack

Screenshot_2023-03-12_20-03-06

if anyone wants to check out the beautiful weirdness she brought to already-weird Doom Patrol, her run starts in Doom Patrol Vol. 2, issue #64

7 Likes

One of my wallpapers.

3 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

congratulations to Cliff Steele on his Daytime Emmy win

cliffcry

7 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

2023 is the 45th anniversary of the greatest comic book-based movie of all time (don’t bother trying to change my mind for those that would try :wink:), Superman: The Movie.

For the last two months, I’ve said to myself “It sure would be cool if a chance to see Superman: The Movie on the big screen again, in celebration of its 45th anniversary as well as Superman’s 80th anniversary, were to come along.”

Come April, that chance will be realized as I’ll be seeing Superman: The Movie on the big screen (my third in-theater viewing of it).

Wishes do come true DC Diary, they truly do.

4 Likes

Great to see love for my best friend.

3 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

Kudos to Morgan Freeman for mentioning Lucius Fox and Harley Quinn during last night’s Oscars ceremony while he stood beside Margot Robbie as they both spoke about Warner Brothers’ 100th anniversary.

Truly a man of class, that Mr. Freeman.

3 Likes

I just checked. I am at 54 DC movies rewatched.

3 Likes

3 Likes

pulls out a quill, dips it in a jar of ink and begins to doodle his thoughts down

Dear DC Diary,

Tomorrow (Tuesday, the 14th) sees the release of the first issue of Superman: Lost, an out of continuity mini that’s about Superman traveling very away from Earth and in the process of returning home, becoming lost.

Its an interesting idea, however its a tale penned by Priest, who is very hit and miss for me. When he’s good, he’s good. When he’s…well, not bad (because I’ve never read a bad comic by Priest) but not good either, he’s very middling, at best.

Now, as an open-minded sort that will always approach an artist’s work hoping for the best…even if said artist has a hit and miss record, the art (regardless of medium) in question doesn’t look particularly interesting and/or what have you in a given situation that is giving me pause about a particular piece, I will absolutely hope for the best with Superman: Lost.

May it be one of Priest’s solid hits and become a Superman story for the ages.

I’m pulling for you Mr. Priest, so I hope you’ll deliver on your end. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Fred Hembeck?

2 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

Thanks! I thought it looked familiar.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Dear DC Diary . . . and cabal of exectutives,

He WON it.

The guy from the recently cancelled DCU Doom Patrol show, as well as Batgirl (2022).

xbf2023x
doom-patrol #batgirl2022 brendan-fraser

6 Likes

boy, Mr. Zaslav, a brand new movie starring an Oscar winner would sure bring your brand some prestige right about now!

7 Likes

They rather just make more Gunn spin-offs starring ex-wrestlers, his wife, friends ,etc.

So prestige? Nah. Get ready for MDCU movies full of endless jokes about poop, inter-species procreation, one dimensional female characters, and adults in full arrested development mentally and emotionally.

Oh, I’m in a mood tonight! :laughing:

Brendan won the Oscar!!!
:doom_patrol_club:

7 Likes