DCUI: What Do You Like About DC Universe Infinite? And What Would You Change?

What a slap in the face this new tier announcement is. None of the functionality issues have been addressed in two years. No effort has been made to fill the gaps in the library. And now, unless we pay double, what we have access to will be dramatically shrinking. Total garbage.

4 Likes

While I do agree that the app functioning as it should should be the thing that needs focused on before they expand, I havenā€™t read anything about them taking away any comics from the ā€œbasicā€ service.

5 Likes

Suggestion: Download option for a full series. I donā€™t always want to go click through every single issue to download it, I want to hit a download button and download the series

5 Likes

Thank you for that suggestion, @LMorn! Iā€™ve passed it along to the team. Welcome to the Community, and please let us know if thereā€™s ever anything we can help you with!

6 Likes

On the OG DCU, when there was video content, specific comic book issues pertaining to the TV episode / movie were recommended. Iā€™d love to have the same thing on HBO Max, with a QR code on screen linking the viewer to comics on DCUI where characters or storylines from the program are introduced. This would have been awesome for shows like Doom Patrol and Young Justice where obscure characters were showing up regularly. Iā€™m sure WB/DC would appreciate the cross-promotion potential!

Thankfully the experts in the Community have been a lot of help, for example when @msgtv hooked me up with the Captain Atom comics on DCUI that featured the Ted Kord Blue Beetle of the same vintage as the one in Constantine: House of Mystery.

As an alternative, a curated database of comics accessible in DCUI, corresponding to each DC movie and episode on all of the streamers could be even better!

7 Likes

thatā€™s what weā€™re here for, to connect each other to some of this awesome DC stuff

7 Likes

Thank you @mylehigh2000.28963 for all of these valuable suggestions. Iā€™ll make sure this is passed along to our team.

Our community members are definitely amazing! DCUI is only as awesome as it is because of them and we appreciate all of their expertise. :orange_heart: Thank you @msgtv as well for helping out.

7 Likes

Please make it so you can download entire series at once. Itā€™s irritating that you have to go through every issue individually.

6 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! Iā€™ll get it passed along.

5 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes

Is there a way to view a series in reverse order? So I donā€™t have to scroll through 100+ issues to get to the newer issues? I donā€™t see that option when I look at a series, only on my lists. I think this would be helpful, especially with the longer series. Or just a button to jump you to the end of the series, maybe? So it doesnā€™t mess up the reading order?

And I know this has been mentioned before but I canā€™t find it. Is there a way to view the full page in panel mode? So after you finish a page by reading each individual panel, itā€™ll pop you back out and show you the whole page before moving on to the next one. (or having the full page first before the panel by panel) I canā€™t find a setting for this but I swear I have seen people talk about it before.

Otherwise, Iā€™m having a blast reading the new Ultra comics. Thanks again!

10 Likes

Thank you for those suggestions, @Row.Harper! As far as Iā€™m aware there isnā€™t a way to do those now, unfortunately, but Iā€™ll definitely pass along your feedback. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

There needs to be a feature where the lists hide books youā€™ve already read. Or mark as read.

7 Likes

That would be a great feature!

6 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Landscape view when browsing the comic library. Seems strange not to carry this simple feature.

6 Likes

Gotcha, thank you! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This has probably been mentioned already in the previous 610 pages, but as a newer member with a huge Favorites list, Iā€™d like to have the ability to Sort my list of various series alphabetically, or by date, etc. Right now there is no sort or filter functions for Favorites at all.

6 Likes

Welcome to the community! Thatā€™s a great suggestion, thank you :slight_smile:

5 Likes