📚 DCUI Ultra: What Are You Reading? 📚

I have read all of these. I enjoy all of the stories to some degree. I still don’t like the art in Tim Drake:Robin.

6 Likes

Yeah, I agree. Rossmo hasn’t proven to be as good a fit for Tim as he was for Harley.

Maybe that’s why he’s not drawing the recently-solicited issues of the series? :man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

New Ultra reads for the week of 12/6/22:

What’s on your :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: Ultra reading list for this week?

2 Likes

I have read all of the new Ultra releases. I really enjoyed Wonder Woman. It was great to see Diana, Clark, and Bruce bonding. I liked the New Golden Age and the promise of stories featuring Helena Wayne, my favorite Huntress.

2 Likes

Cool beans. What’d you think of WildC.A.T.S #1?

That’s on my list after Batgirls #12. I’ve enjoyed Wonder Woman as of late (well, I always enjoy Wonder Woman, but even more so since Trial of the Amazons), and seeing the return of the Trinity has me hyped for that issue.

3 Likes

Olympus: Rebirth was pretty solid! Really enjoyed that Greek gods maneuverings! Don’t quite know why it couldn’t have been a regular issue or backup for the main WW title, though.

Failsafe in Batman has been really exciting. Such energy. But have you checked out Zdarsky’s Batman: The Knight? That’s just an amazing arc.

Ram V’s Tec has been difficult for me to parse, but the recent Annual really got me to understand more of what he’s doing. Very interested to see what’s happening going forward!

Black Adam, of course, I’ve been loving, as I’ve said in the thread!

Not a huge fan of Dark Knights of Steel, but I did like the Tales from the Three Kingdoms one shot!

3 Likes

As Green Lantern said in the movie that co-starred Hikaru Sulu 2.0 and Lex Luthor’s hench from Superman Returns, “But why?”

2 Likes

I think it’s trying to do too much, leaving so many pieces like “I would like to know more, but right now, it feels like a bunch of shallow references or easter eggs rather than a fully developed world”. I also generally don’t like Tom Taylor’s writing, so that hurts it too.

3 Likes

Heathen!

Nah, I kid.

Care for a Sprite as you read?

2 Likes

Always a Sprite! I just got a few more cranberry winter spice 2 liters of the great beverage for the Christmas celebration with the fam!

Everyone has their own favorite and disfavored writers! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

holds his Supermam mug out, and with a puppy dog expression, says “Pweeze?”

2 Likes

I liked WildC.A.T.S. as an introduction. I am sure I will enjoy it as I know the characters better.

2 Likes

I’d have to agree, although I really like Nightwing.

3 Likes

If you’d like to sample other WildStorm books (including WildC.A.T.S volume 1 #1), you’re welcome to :point_right:t2: check this out :point_left:t2:.

Its 100% new reader-friendly and then some.

3 Likes

I do need to read a lot more WildStorm. Most of my experience with them is just from the characters that were featured in the New 52.

3 Likes

Click the link in my above post, then. Its full of wild, new reader-friendly, action, adventure, fantasy, sci-fi, spy thrillers and more. :nerd_face:

What was your favorite WS-related joint from that era?

3 Likes

Probably Stormwatch, just because it was weird and I didn’t know what was going on half the time. And it had Martian Manhunter, who has been a favorite of mine since Blackest Night. I also liked how the daemonites were popping up in multiple titles. I’ve always liked when titles are interconnected like that.

3 Likes

Yeah, Stormwatch is likely my favorite, with Team 7 coming in a close second.

Did you read Superman #1? It has a very brief mention of the Daemonites.

The fit really hit the shan in Superman #7, however:

3 Likes

I remember being very confused about who Helspont was at the time. I’ve always liked his design, though. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I remember being confused about Helspont when I first watched the WildC.A.T.S TV series on CBS.

“So, his name is Helspont?” I asked myself after watching the first episode.

Upon seeing his action figure at Target a month or so later, I looked at it and said “Yep, I guess it is Helspont.”

Bear in mind, the TV show was my introduction to the WildC.A.T.S property and ultimately, the WildStorm brand, although it would be years until I actually cracked open a WildStorm-published comic.

I would love to see Helspont as the heavy in a live-action Superman movie.

Cavill+Helspont=many tickets bought by moi. :nerd_face:

3 Likes