DCU: What Do You Like About DC Universe? And What Would You Change?

There needs to be a way to only see content safe for children.

Befor anyone says anything about me just being more involved, I already am! It’s only after I have O.K.'d a show or comic, and put it on; that I give them the remote to pause/turn the page or whatever.

But when I’m scrolling through options they see thumbnails that desterbs them,
or things they cant see and they won’t stop asking about.

Not to mention having to scroll through so much content, opening multiple things, go to thier details, to check the rating of every movie, and comic book is soooo annoying!!

5 Likes

There, does need to be some kid friendly stuff on the sight. Especially when all of the good kids shows are so far down the list. Before you even get there, you could see Harley covered in blood, and a whole bunch of other stuff.
I agree that this should be looked into. But I don’t know if it’s on the top of their list of priorities right now. I do know that our awesome mods will make the request for you.

1 Like

I was going to say that I thought DCU was R-rated, but I checked the store and it’s Teen rated but contains MA-rated shows so I am inclined to agree with you.

1 Like

I would love to be able to follow a topic/ hero. I’m a huge dick Grayson fan, and it’d be great to follow him and get notifications when something related to him is being talked about or uploaded

1 Like

Welcome back, Mr. Grayson.

1 Like

I agree with you Behemoth, my daughter is a huge harley quinn fan and only 6 so I do not let her choose videos on this site because she would choose Harley. We definitely need more kid friendly stuff on here please

2 Likes

That’s a great idea 23Dick-Grayson. I know you can look up comics with them but to be notified to it also would be great too

1 Like

A kids section or a kid friendly app for dc universe would be great, I would get both my 6 yrs old daughter and 12 year old son subscriptions then. Also, like netflix have a deal where you can use up to 4 screen at a time. The 2 is constraining especially when I have the other 2 wanting to watch on it when I am. Also, put the app on Samsung, visio, and lg tvs. Right now I have to stream it to tv with my phone. I would rather watch something on my phone or use it instead of using the stream to tv option. It’s a good option but would be better to have those smartv carriers carry your app on their store. Do you get a discount in store for being a member also cause that would be good, like 10 percent off for members or something like that. Or members only sales going on. I’ll post more when I think about it. Thanks for letting this community have WB’s ear.

1 Like

@Behemoth - You’re most welcome - your help with questions is very much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Regarding your question, @scruffyfletcher.84342, I asked, but there are no updates to share for right now for release dates and shows, but I promise we’ll keep you updated as in the Watchtower section as things progress!

@adamtankersley, @msjcookie.10289, @rosaparadis.26932, @Pow-Pow - Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding clearing your history on the service, the amount of content available, and the possibility of adding a ratings system. We appreciate hearing how you feel we can improve further, and will take your feedback into consideration to see what we can do about those issues. :slight_smile:

@23Dick-Grayson - Great suggestion! Are you talking about here on the forums, or being able to follow characters on the service as a whole (and do you mean receiving notifications on the forums here, or elsewhere on the platform)? On the forums, you should be able to follow the tag created for him, for example.

2 Likes

I’m just waiting for people to post so I can respond. Conversations feel very one sided when it’s just me posting.

1 Like

Thanks! I didn’t realize I could follow a topic like that. I kinda had both in mind, but the community was my focus. Though, a way to know when he makes appearances in other comics/shows/etc would be neat too, but to do that for each character might be too much

2 Likes

I love that Harley Quinn is coming back so soon, but it would be great to have a view of what else is coming and when.

1 Like

I think there is a schedule that you can look at. Just look on youtube or Google.

1 Like

Also, always check the Watchtower forums.

1 Like

We currently have the DC All-Star Games coming (I think) later this month or mid March. Stargirl in early Spring. From that point on, I have no idea what else.

There is so much to love!: the original content, being able to watch a lot of the series I grew up on - and discovering some that I missed along the way (oh how I wish we could get a second season of GL Animated Series!), having comic books to read on my phone in moments of downtime, the community itself, reading about others’ enthusiasm is contagious.
I only have two grievances to speak of, but I consider them very major and leave me with an internal struggle as to whether or not I should keep the service, which is very sad that I find myself in this position at all.
The Firestick app does not save my position on any episodes or films that I watch partially or when I have completed one, which is pain for some of the longer seasoned programs (Batman TAS comes immediately to mind, having to scroll through the entire menu to get to the show then through 30 episodes is frustrating to say the least).
Which, as I’m sure everyone would be quick to point out, is something to bring to the attention of Help/Support, and this would lead me to my other grievance - the absolutely atrocious support.
I filed a support ticket 8 months ago about this issue and was told it would be addressed in a “Future Update”. Lo & Behold, a handful of updates later, still an issue. So, I open a new support ticket recently - which is ignored for an entire week, forcing me to open yet another ticket, which gets a reply that the problem will be addressed in a “Future Update” (patent pending I’m sure), and that I should just factory reset my Firestick to see if that helps.
I’m… not doing that? I have 10 other streaming apps on my Firestick, all of which do not have this problem as I would consider saving your spot to be a basic function of a streaming app, and it would be incredibly time-consuming to have to input all of that login information again.
I guess I just needed somewhere to vent about this horrible experience. The only workaround I have managed is having my phone app at the ready, so, for instance, I made it about an hour into Batman Ninja the other night before I felt sleepy, so I opened the movie on my phone, skipped ahead to the point I was at on my Firestick and backed out, which does update my the queue in my Firestick? It’s a mess of a thing to have to do and I would really not like my frustration to win out in the end.
I switched from a yearly subscription to monthly very recently and I hope that I don’t need to quit altogether, I love this service too much.

Sorry to hear that your having support issues. Hopefully it is taken care of.

I will have more ideas as time goes on but I wanted to start with a small web experience nit-pick :slight_smile:

I recently added DC Universe to my Safari new tab experience, unlike most websites it loads a blank blue (like DCU background) image. I am thinking if you tested this and maybe modified the background you could have a cool DC Universe Logo show up.

Also I’d love to have a 16 pixel DC for my favorites and on the header bar. This shows up on the iPhone too.

EDIT:

I just realized something there is a 16 pixel icon on the community.dcuniverseinfinite.com pages but NOT on any of the Movies or Comics pages.
Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 2.33.46 PM

2 Likes

Something that I love is when a movie or episode suggests a related comic at the end.

It would be great if it was possible to access these related comic suggestions on the series & episode page, right now it seems the only way to see this is to watch the last ~1min of an episode.

2 Likes

Please include length of movie / episode in details.

Sometimes without having to start a movie or show I’m curious about how long it is. “I’ve got 30 minutes, can I finish an episode or Constantine?”

4 Likes