DCU: What Do You Like About DC Universe? And What Would You Change?

DC Universe would be so much better if the selection was expanded. Removing movies/shows to add some dosen’t expand just changes the content. There isn’t enough to keep getting rid of movies like Justice League War or Teen Titans vs the Justice League just to add Teen Titans Judis Contract. I would like to watch them in order. Not skip a few movies between the series.

3 Likes

Any ideas on when the DCEU movies will be coming to the DC Universe Stream Service?

For technical support and platform issues, we strongly recommend folks submit to our ZenDesk ticketing system used in Customer Support at yourdcu.com/submit. Our forums are available for colloquial discussion around suggestions for platform experience; more like user research than reports. The value our community provides against a ticketing system is the emotional timbre and context that a ticketing system can potentially strip.

We utilize about 4 different methods of user feedback, each of them with their own value. Each channel is well aware of the request for PS4 :rofl:

We’re currently exploring embedding forms into our suggestion box categories as well as creating a more organized “Suggestion Box” section. Interestingly, the challenge is how to avoid creating a redundant ticketing system and continue to allow people to emotionally express their feedback. While our moderators do have a challenging job to translate and compile the feedback found here, we have a great BTS system where we can quantify frequency and severity from the suggestions we receive here, while gently guiding those that need technical report tickets to Customer Support :slight_smile:

1 Like

@lilkeaganmonster2012.40294 First off, welcome to the community. I totally understand wanting to watch stuff in order - that’s how I do it too. However, there’s licensing that goes along with our content, and sometimes that means we have to rotate stuff out. Keep an eye out on Watchtower though - those movies may return!

@thebluedragon03 As mentioned above, each movie has its legal agreements, so I can’t promise anything. We have heard the cries for the DCEU movies, and if they ever make their way here, y’all will be the first to know via Watchtower!

1 Like

@thebluedragon03

All DCEU Movies for thr last forty years will be available at sister streaming service HBO MAX when it arrives in May 2020. These movies will no longer be available outside of AT&T Warner Brothers for streaming services except for existing contracts. No more rotating out to these services to gain extra revenue. Everything stays within the company to help the HBO Max brand which will be international on a variety of platforms…

Whether that service will share any of these movies for even a short period of time on a rotation in and out basis to our service is unknown at this time.

Doing so would help this service and show good will as well as be a good advertisement for the full range of DC movies at HBO Max.

2 Likes

So when HBO Max debuts, what about reducing the price for DCUniverse? Similar to the way that Disney+ has Hulu and ESPN+ as add ons for lower rates than just subscribing to them individually.

Where’s the rest of DC movies.

1 Like

They rotate in & out. Unless u mean how to retrieve them? In that case it depends on your device. There’s a category for movies, comics, community, news, etc. They have certain movies & shows on, if u go to the Watchtower, it will tell u what movies, comics etc. are coming or leaving & when. Welcome to the community btw. Hope u enjoy.

1 Like

Yep, exactly where I was going with my question. My suspicion is that users would find it more satisfying to see that “fifty other people are waiting on XYZ” and can ride on the existing ticket than to just be another voice accidentally saying the same thing as dozens of other people in a thread. But it sounds like those discussions are already happening, so that doesn’t really matter.

Thanks!

2 Likes

How come we can’t quote entire posts when replying? It automatically edits the quote out and just leaves it as a reply.

Thank you to all who’ve been responding to assist in answering questions - we really do appreciate your help! :smiley:

@ashleywilbanks - Thank you for the feedback - I’ll pass that on to the team to be considered!

@ceasarybarra45.70987 - Are there any specific titles you’re hoping to see featured?

@Aylex - That’s strange. :frowning: Are you experiencing that when accessing the site via PC browser, too? And while editing your post, does it show up in the preview as if it’s going to go through with the quote before you press the “reply” button to submit?

As a side bar, welcome to the community! Enjoy your stay!

1 Like

It would be great to be able to search for TPBs and have all the issues collected. I’m currently reading through the New 52 but I like reading them as TPBs so you get the whole story together. Sometimes it’s fine to just read a book issue by issue but some storylines have crossovers with other books.

I am currently very unhappy with DCU…and here’s why…I expected to see all off the DC’s animated shows…however somewhere, someone decided that it was a good idea to remove most of the justice league movies and shows and give more comics and other stuff…new stuff is fine however leave the the animated series and movies…for the old school watchers…also why isn’t the first adventures of batman on here…the one before the new adventures of batman

2 Likes

I’m confused by the last statement. Are you referring to the adventures of Batman comic book? Because that’s on here in the comics section.

In terms of the justice league animated movies, those are rotated every month due to prior licensing agreements made before DC Universe’s creation. If anything, keep an eye out in the watchtower forums. The moderators always keep us informed of what’s coming and going every month :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I don’t know is there is already a way to go back to home easily after you have read a few comics, I always have to back to each comics I have already read in that section in order to get back to home.

Hi @Kam! depending upon the device your using, there should be an X in the top right corner where you can exit out of the current comment, then just click on the DC Universe logo and that’ll take you back to the main service page.

Hi, @Pretty.Poison.Bombshell. FYI, I don’t know about other devisces, however that’s never been the case in the Kindle Fire app. If you read a sequence of comics, you have to hit that back button on literally each issue to get back to the home page.

2 Likes

Wow, thanks for letting me know, @ralphsix! Ironically, I don’t read comics on the Kindle Fire only watch videos (which is really backwards, I know). I’ll pass the info from you and @Kam along and see if I can get a better answer!

3 Likes

Also in the android version on my phone if I press X it only bring me back to the last page of the issue I was reading.

1 Like