DCU: What Do You Like About DC Universe? And What Would You Change?

Bringing in certain Black Label titles that are relevant to the DCU as a whole. I get wanting to keep the more self contained things out but the following should definitely be considered:

Watchmen: It’s very critical to the DCU in the Rebirth era, along with the fact of the film and Before Watchmen being here already.

The Sandman Universe titles:

Neil Gaiman’s Sandman brought concepts and ideas that still matter to continuity today, plus with the events of Dark Nights Metal directly being a backdoor launchpad for the imprint it would make sense to include the original series, as well as these current titles.

Those are the big ones that come to mind. Even if you have to keep Black Label to its own section of the app, some of it should be here.

PS: Perhaps considering lowering the gap between release and upload date. A year is quite the gap whereas certain competitors that start with M have a smaller upload window.

1 Like

I’d like if Swamp thing would get a season 2! :slight_smile:

Testing.

Hey, it worked. Maybe it was just a glitch that happened to me a couple of times? I’l continue to test it out around the community, and if it happens again I’ll link to it.

Just happened again in this topic: What DC Villian actually has a point?
Post #43

Thank you for this report, @Kam! We’re very sorry to hear that you’re having trouble navigating back to the main screen. If you haven’t already, I would suggest reaching out to our Support Team so that they can lend a helping hand.

Also, we wanted to thank you for the suggestions, @Gekey. While we can’t make any guarantees, I have passed along your feedback to the rest of the team.

That is very strange, @Aylex ! Could you let us know a bit more about the steps you’re taking when quoting a reply, as well as the browser that you’re using? That’d help us to learn a bit more about this issue.

Another option might be to use the blockquote tool to quote replies, if this works a little easier for you. You can find the blockquote option on the toolbar right above your reply, and it looks like a set of quotation marks.

been hearing rumors about DCU being shutdown and have everything movie to HBO Max. I was thinking, how about creating a package and a web page that grants you access to both DCU, HBO Max and Cinemax all in one, but keep each webpage their own separate domains. This way you would be able to keep everything the same, keep the fans happy, but everyone would have access to each of the services and can access them whenever they want. This way everyone wins.

Step 1 - I highlight the entire post, then click “reply” on the bottom right of their post.
Step 2 - I type up my response in the text box that appears.
Step 3 - I hit post, and it automatically posts quote-less, with the edit symbol in the top right of my new post, even though I never edited anything.

If I click on the actual edit icon, here’s what it shows:

It’s weird that I was able to quote your entire post up there, but it didn’t let me in that other topic I linked to. Maybe it’s because your post had multiple @'s, whereas the other didn’t? I have no idea why.

Using Chrome.

@thebluedragon03 I wouldn’t put much faith in rumors. People have tried to spread rumors about this service shutting down since its debut.

3 Likes

I get that. Especially when it comes from We Got This Covered

1 Like

@thebluedragon03 don’t even get me started on that lol

My biggest suggestion is to not cull content. I love this service, and it needs to be a one stop shop for all DC. Get more series scanned and uploaded, like the Vertigo line (Hellblazer / Sandman Mystery Theater), put shows and movies on and leave them there. WB owns the rights, why take them down? Get more shows and movies. What about Steel? Smallville? That made for TV JLI movie? The old Swamp Thing show, and the movies?

Fix the user interface. The newly added movies is a start, and useful. When the app launched it had a sidebar that made searching categories much easier. Bring it back!

Maybe a video series where various writers and artists are interviewed about their runs / characters? I’m sure I’m not the only one who would love to hear the thought process and where the ideas come from.

Maybe a video series about DC video games? Highlights, walk through, reviews, hints. There is a lot that can be done with this! A whole series on Justice League Heroes would would be awesome. A really underappreciated game! Injustice combo tips! Batman Arkham tips! Etc.

I adore this app, and have had it since launch. I really want it to succeed! I like what it is, but more TLC could make it a game changer!

Edit: DC/WB, hire me! I have a ton of ideas! Lol

Add Kyle Rayner to the Encyclopedia. Almost everything he was in is on here and available to read, but he’s not in the encyclopedia. Kinda weird that every other lantern is on there except for him…

1 Like

Hey @jbs_5150! Welcome to the Community! I’ll definitely share this with the rest of the team. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

2 Likes

Hello Mods,
Can you please return the number page back to the way it was. Sorry I don’t like the new page number cause it makes it tricky to get to it without having a reply comment box to appear. Thankyou.:confused:

1 Like

I wanted to point out something technical. I’ve found a workaround on my end so I don’t need tech support, but I wanted to point it out for you: I use the mobile app for maybe twenty minutes a day while I’m riding the bus and otherwise exclusively use DCU on browser. I’ve been having charging issues with my phone for a long time, and I thought it was a battery problem, but when I called it in, the person at the phone company pointed out that DCU was eating up far more battery than any other app I had and was convinced that that was the source of the problem (and I think it did start around the time I first started using the app). I don’t know if there’s a fix for it, but I thought I’d throw it out there.

1 Like

@JeepersItsTheJamags

Part of the problem is the storage space it eats up

I don’t download anything or read comics here just DC Daily Harley and some Wonder Woman TV for the History Club.

The app claims hundreds of megs for both cache and data after only one week.

So every week I delete both

Using that many megs may mean the app is constantly searching for applicable data among the glut.

The app seems to do no 'garbage collecting" to get rid of old stuff.

It just keeps everything.

1 Like

@thebluedragon03 - Worry not! All’s okay with the service - no need to concern yourself with the rumors online. Any time we have anything to share, it’ll be in the Watchtower section. :slight_smile:

@Aylex - Hmm, along with what @ZatannaAndHerSpells mentioned regarding the use of blockquoting, usually, when I’d like to quote something, I end up highlighting the entire portion I want, and there’ll be a little “Quote” popup that shows up. When you highlight text, does that ever show up? Or is the only option available for you the usage of the “reply” button?

@SilverSpider - So many ideas! Thank you, we appreciate them all, and I’ll be sure to share yours with the dev team! :slight_smile:

@Penguinfan78 - Suggestion gathered! Thank you for your sharing your thoughts with us! I’m sorry for the inconvenience that’s been causing in the meantime! :frowning:

@JeepersItsTheJamags and @TurokSonOfStone1950 - thank you both for taking the time to share your workarounds! I’ll make note of that to be looked into and considered! :heart:

1 Like

i hear ya, hate that site.

1 Like

although it would be smart to put together a subscription package to have access to both DCU, Cinemax, and HBO Max, so that way we can have access to everything.