DCU: What Do You Like About DC Universe? And What Would You Change?

Yes! I have been waiting since I first subscribed!

5 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

And it is as buggy as the rest of the Android apps, the most recent update didn’t fix any issues

@DCDaily must not care about #diversity in their casting decisions. Black people like comics too.

While I understand that rotation of the movie selection is necessary, I would like it if at the very least, the animated movies that are directly associated with a series on DC Universe remained on the service permanently. For example, right now, Batman and Mr. Freeze: Sub Zero is not on the service, despite being, in essence, part of Batman: The Animated Series.

5 Likes

Consoles should have access to channel

1 Like

As noted several times already a progress bar on the comics you’ve read / are reading, A optional timeline link to / or continue to next issue, for stories that run across multiple series. Especially the 90’s & 00’s Superman &/or Batman family lines (every 6 months they would put numbered shield icons in the right hand corners to keep track of publishing and reading order) Also an alphabetical scroll option when searching the all comics. And when will the more niche DCAU DTV movies such as Batman 66, Batman & Harley Quinn Batman vs TMNT or the Theatrical Teen Titans Go to the movies & Lego Batman comes to the service

2 Likes

Justice league dark watch along

2 Likes

Do you guys have any update on when the app will come to more smart tvs or ps4. Any update at all like how far they are to happening or anything. I know you guys are probably busy with a lot of stuff right now. But some of us are getting sick and tired of having to watch on our phones our connect our computers with hdmi everytime we want to watch a show. Subscriptions are almost up and it might be a determining factor for people to renew or not

2 Likes

What keeps me sticking around DCU: The comics and the community.

• At this time, there is generally only 1 new original series at a time on DCU. If I’m not liking the new series, I have comics and the community to keep me here. Yes, there are many other movies and shows, but once I’ve watched them all, it will still be the combination of reading comics and being able to discuss the comics with fellow fans that keeps me here.

What would I change:

Every year DC publishes the “DC Essential Graphic Novels” book which tells us everything we need to know: reading orders, Essential reading by character, 25 essential graphic novels, (I think the 2018 version had a really cool and helpful timeline). It’s an excellent book, it is free, and it is updated annually.

When I read the “DC Essential Graphic Novels” book, I have three questions in mind:

• What have I already read?

• What will I read?

• Have I read all of the essential reading for a character, as reported by the “DC Essential Graphic Novels” book?

Change 1: Utilize the “DC Essential Graphic Novels” book

• Publish this book on DCU annually (since it’s free, it would be nice to have it here too)

• Publish the elements of this book on DCU - for example, if I want to see the essential reading for Batman, I would not have to open this book, the essential reading for Batman would be available in the Comics library (maybe as a new “Essential Reading” category alongside the Storylines, Get to Know, Showcase, and All comic series Categories)

• Make a way for us to add the “DC Essential Graphic Novels” books, reading orders, etc. to our reading lists.

• Indicate which books in our lists are part of the “DC Essential Graphic Novels” book (maybe a tag, or color or something obvious for us to see)

• Calculate and display what percent of the essential graphic novels / comics we’ve read.

Not all DC essential graphic novels / comics are available on DCU, but I would still want all of them listed (that’ll just prompt me to buy it if I want to complete the essential reading, or I could mark it as “read” if I’ve already read it from my personal comic collection).

Change 2: Make DCU our master check list for what we’ve read and what we will read.

• Provide the ability mark any comic “read”, to get a clearer picture of how many DC Comics I’ve read. Even if I haven’t read it here on DCU, I would still like to be able to mark it as “read”, as I may have read it before DCU existed.

• I’d like to be able to sort, group, filter, and total what I’ve read, so that I can answer questions like: What percent of the New 52 have I read, and how many are left for me to read?

Change 3: Award badges for completing the “DC Essential Graphic Novels” essential reading.

• The logic would be if a user has marked “done/read” on all of the books marked as essential reading, they are awarded a badge. This would not mean a user has to read the book digitally on DCU (I’ve read a lot of comics that are here before DCU existed, simply marking a book as “done/read” without having to open the book on DCU would be ideal).

I realize there is concern that people will simply mark “done/read” on everything, even if they haven’t read it just to earn a badge, and therefore diminish the integrity of the badge. I think if we let this concern drive the badge decision, then we are assuming most people lack integrity - I refuse to believe that. Will some people game the system? - yes. But I believe most of the people here love comics and simply want to track their progress and feel some sort of recognition for the amount of time and money they’ve invested over the years reading DC Comics.

That was a lot, I hope it makes sense, please let me know if you have any questions.

Ultimately I’m trying to make the “DC Essential Graphic Novels” book become automated and interactive so I can stop having to go to multiple places to track my DC comic interests and progress.

“DC Essential Graphic Novels” book images:

8 Likes

We need smallville on here. We got the comics and spinoff. We need the show.

4 Likes

The Batman Arkham Video Game series were a big hit. Why don’t DC buy the rights to sequence the entire saga in one CG movie? At a certain age you’d like to just play out the game to get to the story but that gets old. So, since the writers/producers ended the series, do us a favor and put it all together. It would be an awesome movie with the upgraded CG details. Yeah, I’ll put money on that!

3 Likes

WE NEED THE SWAMP THING TV SHOW TO COME BACK. Please, with cherry on top.

3 Likes

I literally get to watch one episode of Titans per week - then have nothing to do on DCUnverise until the next one comes out. There needs to be more fresh content. 95% of what is left to watch as TV shows and movies - I’ve seen a dozen times before or own them on DVD. Im literally paying $10 a month for 4 episodes of Titans - that’s it. Not happy about it - I want this to be my Netflix and chill location but there is just nothing else new to watch. Please fix that or I may have to leave. I dont do comics because I literally BUY every book i want to read - I have a pile here I am going through today. But TV series and Movies - I get here - if its not on Netflix.

2 Likes

Enjoying this app though it’s a little hard to use when reading comics on my mobile device and where are all the CW shows, all the animated films, and the new live action movies? If this app is meant to be the one stop for all DC it has yet to come close to being that.

7 Likes

I’d like to know what happened to the currently reading section on Android. It used to be there and now it’s been gone for months. It’s impossible to track what I’m reading without it. Can we get it back?

1 Like

I love the DC Universe alot, I have been enjoying watching all the old cartoons I use to watch and loved.

At first I signed up to watch Swamp Thing and Titans but then I saw all the old shows I used to watch all the time. The only thing I wish is to have a PS4 App to watch my favorite shows instead on hooking up my laptop. I was disappoint to learn the the X-box has a DCU App with no info on a PS4 one.

1 Like

I prefer to watch on my time. I don’t like the weekly release of new episodes. Therefore I will only join after the season is over or the series is cancelled. I would remain a subscriber year round if I was allowed to watch new seasons on my schedule.

The one thing I don’t like about this app is the fact that it’s not everything DC. A certain competitor that recently came out released everything on their app. That’s how it should be. I’d even be happy to pay a little more for all that.
I want to see every DC Movie, Animated Show, Short, the entire library of DC Animated movie.
Other than things coming and going and not having access to everything, it’s a great app and I love it.

3 Likes

Better comics search and a way to pin storylines so I don’t have to re-search for Crisis on Infinite Earths everytime I go back to it… The full series is 105 books. I’m not reading that all in one sitting. The same for series and other crossovers.

4 Likes