DCU Originals Moving to HBO Max

5 Likes

I’m not to bummed out about this. Although I hope this doesn’t make a lot of people drop the app and leave the community because I know some joined for and really like the DC Universe original shows.

7 Likes

The DCU community is free and HBO Max has no community forums so hopefully that stays the same. I am kind of upset because HBO Max is much more expensive but I can just subscribe every 4 months or so and that’d be fine with me.

2 Likes

I’m keeping this to read the back catalog of comic books until they turn the lights off for good. Plenty of other places to watch/buy movies and tv. Nowhere else to read old Blue Devil runs really.

5 Likes

This really pisses me off cuz HBOMax isn’t on Roku and I have a Roku TV! I’ve stayed away from the “this app is doomed” crew…until now. The recent changes at Warner tells me that they don’t care about us

5 Likes

Just get a Chromecast, it’s like 20 bucks, then you can just stream HBO Max that way.

4 Likes

This doesn’t surprise me, but it does disappoint me. I hope DC universe gets to keep the backlog of old DC shows, and they keep it as a comics platform otherwise. But once I get through the backlog of shows I didn’t get to watch and comics I haven’t read yet there may not be a good reason for me to keep paying for the service. Lucky for them I have quite a few shows to catch up on and several very long comic series to still read.

1 Like

Wait is it gonna be like doom patrol where they play on both apps simultaneously or is it all gonna be on hbo max? If it’s the latter the absolutely sucks

4 Likes

If it’s just Stargirl, Titans, and Doom Patrol moving to HBO Max and everything else is the same, then DCU still has a lot to offer. But hopefully this move does not signal the end for DCU. It shouldn’t because, I mean, look at Marvel Comics Unlimited. They only have comics (no movies/shows/cast members coming on message boards/rewards) and they are still running.

4 Likes

Welp it’s official. Weird how DC’s more bumming news has been coming out right before DC Fandome.

^ I’ll probably do something similar. Hopefully the community aspect of this site stays the same to discuss the shows.

1 Like

They should just keep doing what they’ve been doing and show the shows on both.

2 Likes

At least reading the article gives me some hope that the community aspect is staying.

I’m curious what the original content migration means for Titans Season 3 or the DCYou shows and Young Justice which were planned to come here or if the changes are already in place so that Doom Partol S2 and Stargirl S1 were the last original shows we receive.

3 Likes

Obligatory I only have this for comics

Do hope that they will keep some archival movies and TV, they can rotate I just still maintain if it can be done that it would give fans more bang for their buck even if it is not the A list content.

Definitely not surprised about the original shows moving to MAX. I do hope they are on both just because it would add value to DCU and honestly DCU built those shows, the fact MAX seems to want to continue all of them (well save Swamp Thing and DC Universe All Star Games but those two were obvious) is a testament to what DCU has built. I don’t even care if they come here months after their seasons end, but as long as their is video content DCU should have them on in some form as a testament to the great shows they built that would not even exist now if not for this platform. Because I do not for one minute believe if this service has not happened there would be a Titans show, or Doom Patrol, or Star Girl. Or hell we would have even got the one season we had of Swamp Thing.

4 Likes

I have not streamed a lot from HBOMAX since I got my promotion. Just as soon as my promotion runs out, I’m done.

We live in the United Corporations Of America. The Government needs to break up these big companies like AT&T. They would do that if they were not owned by the oligarchy.

3 Likes

Completely shocked who have thought, Doom Patrol, Harley Quinn being on HBOmax already would have something like this happen. Shcoked I tell you!

1 Like

I posted the HBOMax-Roku workaround in the Office Hours thread. Binged the entire TBBT series that way.

Obviously all these layoffs, especially in the middle of a pandemic, has clearly shown WarnerMedia CEO Jason Kilar and Warner Bros. CEO Ann Sarnoff are incompetent and need to be fired. Make them join the ranks of the unemployed they created. Also, since DC Universe has lower expenses by letting employees go, in addition to the DC Universe product we are being sold will be drastically reduced, the monthly cost we pay for DC Universe should also be drastically reduced.

No, I don’t really expect any of that to happen.

2 Likes

Our strategy should be not only to confront empire, but to lay siege to it. To deprive it of oxygen. To shame it. To mock it. With our art, our music, our literature, our stubbornness, our joy, our brilliance, our sheer relentlessness – and our ability to tell our own stories. Stories that are different from the ones we’re being brainwashed to believe.

The corporate revolution will collapse if we refuse to buy what they are selling – their ideas, their version of history, their wars, their weapons, their notion of inevitability.

Remember this: We be many and they be few. They need us more than we need them."

-Arundhati Roy

1 Like

I came for the DCAOM movies I missed and JLU, and have stayed for them. Especailly when they told me what Stargirl comics to read.

1 Like