DCU Book Club Week 64: BATMAN/ALIENS (1997) #1-2 Dec. 2 - Dec. 8

1. This was my first time reading this series. I never even knew Batman had a crossover with Aliens.

2. My experience with the Alien franchise is the Alien movies (1-4), AVP, Prometheus and Alien Covenant.

3. I thought the Dead Man’s Hand had their purpose. I knew that Batman was always going to make it out so we needed a few others to be hosts. I was surprised that Hyatt was the one that wanted to bring back the aliens to use as a new type of soldier but she was always trying to get ahead of everyone no matter the cost. I think Hyatt was the most memorable character because we spent the most time with her so I would say she was my favorite.

4. My favorite panel was

because it shows Batman using his smarts to outwit a more savage opponent. Thanks for this interesting read don’t know if I would of ever going this otherwise.

2 Likes

Same! Thanks for stopping by!

One of the thing I like about crossovers like this is that it answers those “who would win” questions.

This moment encapsulates that! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I’m about half way through. Fun read, love seeing Batman mixed in with the military like this.

And who doesn’t love a good ol’ cozy Aliens story?

1 Like
  1. Yup first time reading this one; I think there may have been others done later, also with Superman that I have read.

2. I’ve seen probably 3/4 of the movies. AvP is the most recent I watched,wow was that fun!

3. The military group seemed mercenary. The usual “team” dynamic was there a bit, although no one lived long enough to see how that might work out.

4. Favorite page was where the lady of the team cynically says “yeah, lots of medals for losing half the team and coming home empty handed.” For some reason it reminded me of Applejack’s sense of humor.

The little sermonette at the end was a nicely puritan / man is a sinner reflection that I wish wasn’t so true (see CSPAN for more details):

2 Likes