DCU Book Club Week 26: THE MULTIVERSITY (2014) The Multiversity #1 & Society of Super-Heroes

Earth #52 lol

1 Like

@Batmite267
Abin Sur Green Lantern! I’m so glad you called that out. That was a sight to behold!

2 Likes

@MattMcDonald
The standout moment for me in Multiversity #1 was the Captain Carrot fight. I was reading in panel to panel mode, and I knew nothing about Captain Carrot, so when I saw this panel of a smooshed Captain Carrot, I thought he was done for! My heart sank. Then in the next panels he SPRINGS TO LIFE and is sassing his opponent. Excellent moment IMO.

2 Likes

The Gentry scares me. That is one evil-looking egg.

1 Like

Captain Carrot is the ultimate unsung badass of DC.

4 Likes

Multiversity is a true modern classic in my opinion. Morrison was really at the top of his game with this… he really is a living, breathing encyclopedia of the DC universe.

2 Likes

I JUST realized that the highlighted numbers on the left side of each cover correspond to the universe the story is about. That is subtle and brilliant.

4 Likes

The indicators as to which Earth the story within each ish occurs on was indeed a nice design motif.

2 Likes

@Vroom

"Captain Carrot is the ultimate unsung badass of DC. "

I want this tattooed on my arm or something. Truer words have never been said.

2 Likes

@JLWWSM

Cartoon physics for the win! Loved that moment as well.

1 Like

@existo

Agree 100%

1 Like

@MMD Thanks! Tattoos aren’t my thing at all, but I do definitely see the value in that quote being a tattoo =)

2 Likes

In pure Grant Morrison form… I was left scratching my head after the first issue, and then stuff started clicking into place (in my head) with issue 2. I love anything with shades of the JSA, so Society of Super-Heroes is my type of comics. I can give or take Doctor Fate usually, but I really liked that version.

Excited to move forward.

2 Likes

@Oldmanjonah

I have a feeling more and more will click as we go on. Can’t wait to get to next week’s books. They are really good!

1 Like

Society of Super-Heroes: favorite moments and characters… Go!

1 Like

My favorite here has just got to be Doctor Fate. I love that character and he is written wonderfully here. I wish we got more of him.

1 Like

I liked when the Immortal Man would talk about the past, like his experiences with Woolly Mammoths.

2 Likes

Immortal Man also has Dr. Manhattan’s black head circle on his mask. I never noticed that before.

2 Likes

@Vroom

:wink:

2 Likes

This moment got me.

1Zmn6QG_d.jpg

2 Likes