DCU Book Club Week 26: THE MULTIVERSITY (2014) The Multiversity #1 & Society of Super-Heroes

0/Prime. Also known as New Earth.

Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s Earth One and itā€™s the same Earth as the current Rebirth; Rebirth comes out of New 52, the inhabitants of Rebirth remember the Superman that turned to dust at the end of ā€œNew 52.ā€

Earth 2 was a series that ran during New 52. Convergence ends with the survivors of Earth 2 having hope ahd the current Rebirth Superman heading for Earth 1 (where later heā€™s put in some blender and out jumpsā€¦something).

Thanks so much @Vroom and Don-el!
I love this community. Everyoneā€™s always willing to help out :slight_smile:

Spoilers are coming soon!

1 Like

Wait isnā€™t Earth Prime with that evil Prime Superboy is from?

Well, Earth One is the where the line of original graphic novels of the same name takes place and that started before The New 52.

I say Earth 0 then. I forgot about Superboy Prime.

https://www.cbr.com/titans-season-1-digital-blu-ray-special-features/

Earth Prime was our Earth, the real Earth as when Animal Man is talking to us and the writer in the Grant Morrison runā€¦ but yeah it becomes the world of Evil Superboy around 2oo6ā€¦

Pick a number any number

********* INCOMING SPOILERS***********

The Multiversity (2014) #1

Haunted comics! Thatā€™s creepy and fun concept.
I just met Dino-Cop and Captain Carrot and I already love them.

Captain Carrot springs to life after being smashed!!!?!! Welcome to my favorite characters list, Captain Carrot!

3 Likes

There are so many gorgeous panels. The Harbinger panel is stunning.

2 Likes

I just met the musical engine and I trust it completely.

Also:
Super-Doomsday?!?!?! - Iā€™m exhausted by just thinking of how insanely destructive a Super-Doomsday would be.

I hope Nix Uotan is rescued because it looks like he is in an extra-special hell.

1 Like

Alright. I just finished The Multiversity #1 and I wasnā€™t too impressed. Iā€™ve said in the past that Grant Morrison is at his best when heā€™s not writing Batman (I was not a fan of RIP). But this is a little too strange for my taste. I do like the idea of making the reader a character who has an affect on the others. Still, Iā€™m glad I read it. Hopefully the rest of the run will help to paint the larger picture that Iā€™m sure Morrison has intended.

2 Likes

The Multiversity: Society of Super-Heroes #1 has a completely different tone than the Multiversity (2014) #1.

The wars, Vandal Savage, the immortal manā€¦ Theyā€™re in a really desperate situation. Lady Shiva was a surprise. Sheā€™s a force to be reckoned with on any earth!

Is that Babs?

1 Like

@JLWWSM I think that is Barbara Gordon, Bombshell style, which is how Society of Superheroes felt to me and I enjoyed it. I liked the alternate JSA and especially the Abin Sur version of Green Lantern Alan Scott of the Golden Age of comics.

1 Like

Captain.

Freaking.

Carrot.

1 Like

@christowhit

I LOVE CAPTAIN CARROT

@batmite

Iā€™m interested to hear what you think when itā€™s all said and done!

1 Like

So what were some stand out moments in Multiversity #1? Who were your favorite characters? Here are my two favorites :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also what our your thoughts about The Gentry?

1 Like