DCU Book Club Week 23: Red Hood: The Lost Days (2010-) Issues 1-6

@Vroom glad to hear you’re enjoying it. Without giving spoilers, I can’t wait to talk about the batmobile in issue #2.

@Reaganfar78 - absolutely! Batman TAS had epic voice-actors :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Rf, good points! I love David Warner and Helen Slater.

1 Like

Just finished issue six. A pretty darn good mini overall.

Now I’m eager to re-read the Under The Hood arc of Batman.

2 Likes

I’m gonna agree with the chorus on the Rebirth Red Hood & the Outlaws praise, but I also want to say that the initial New 52 book was pretty good as well, especially when Kenneth Rocafort was on the book, his art is absolutely stunning.

It’s interesting rereading this after going through that run, because I figured Lobdell was retconning with what he did with Jason’s training post death, but so far it seems like the stuff here can fit nicely with the All-Caste training.

@Jay_Kay, I enjoyed the New 52 RH also. Rocafort is a very underrated artist and was the standout of the artists that worked on that series.

Hey JLWWSM, I was watching DC Daily today episode, you got your name and comment about Doom Patrol comic mention during their book club talk! Congratulation! :grinning:

1 Like

@ReaganFan78 :slight_smile: thanks! @Alec_Holland was featured too. I love DCU!

:mega:Book Cluuuub!:mega:

4 Likes

All hail JL! =)

2 Likes

@Vroom :laughing:, I’m not worthy of hailing, but I appreciate the sentiment, thank you. :slight_smile: It was a cool episode. I look forward to more community highlights and shot outs in the future. There are a lot of fun people here.

I really can’t figure out Talia’s endgame in this book! I’m looking forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts and learning more about Red Hood this weekend.

1 Like

I finished reading issue 4, 2 more to go. Not sure how much I can say without spoiling it, guess I’ll have to save it for later. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I couldn’t put it down, so I’ve finish reading all 6 issues and am now done! :grinning:

2 Likes

Same here! It kept me hooked from issue 1 and page 1. Great pick for book club… Think I’ll be joining in on book club more often.

2 Likes

Jlswwm I saw your name on dc daily today

1 Like

@DaddyDiaz
Hello! DC Daily was the highlight of my day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@BoyNCape
Welcome to Bookclub! I’m glad to hear it kept your interest. I’d love to hear more of your thoughts on it during our spoiler discussion this weekend.

@Reaganfan7
WhooHoo! I couldn’t put it down either, especially toward the end.

2 Likes

J Jason Todd is the best red hood Emerite?

Our spoiler discussion begins tomorrow (Friday) at 5pm EST :slight_smile:

1 Like

@JLWWSM

In an Earth 2 thread in General, I mentioned you might want to look over the Huntress mini series, staring Helena Wayne of Earth 2 in the Book Club. You already like Power Girl and Helena Wayne is her partner when they are stranded on the main Earth in the New 52 Title Worlds Finest.

Looking forward to spoiler Discussion!

2 Likes

I think robin poses a bigger threat to Batman because most of them never listen to him and they don’t care about Batman.

1 Like