DCU Book Club Week 18: Suicide Squad Most Wanted: Deadshot and Katana (2016) Issues 1-6

(my kingdom for an Edit feature in Community)

1 Like

@Don-El

I agree with your Deadshot score, although Katana would have landed a bit higher from me! Overall feelings are the same though. Good to hear from you!

1 Like

Just finished reading the six issue arc. I generally agree with everyone, the Deadshot story was the stronger of the two. His origin is tragic, sad and unforgettable, almost turned me off to the whole story. However there was some cool memorable action scenes that reminded me of the punisher, who I read a lot In the 90ā€™s. Another nice gem in the DCU. I was also happy to see Floyd didnā€™t run off with his daughter at the end

1 Like

I like the Katana character, love the samurai stuff. I would like to see what is done with her in a better story

Iā€™ll rate the ā€œkatanaā€ arc 5/10 on account I liked the art but thought the story was lacking

1 Like

Iā€™ll rate the ā€œDeadshotā€ arc 8/10 I love damaged characters, but Deadshot is pushing my limit. The origin is crazy dysfunctional, but I also love reading stories about vigilantes with no powers only skill sets

1 Like

I got to go check out that birds of prey series New 52 with katana again

1 Like

Her solo N52 series ainā€™t too shabby either.

1 Like

@Don-El
I made a note of the B.O.P New 52 with a highlight on Katana. On a different note I wanted to share some of the comics from my Amazon ā€œPrimeā€ account
-Wonder Woman: Earth One ā€œGrant Morrisonā€
-Ultimate Spider-Man Vol.1 ā€œBrian Michael Bendisā€
Batman Rebirth Vol.1 ā€œTom Kingā€
I think this was a wise decision on DCā€™s behalf, and we obviously benefit too

1 Like

-Sandman vol.1 ā€œNeil Gaimanā€
Thatā€™s my pull list I added included with my Prime account

1 Like

I want into her New 52 run, I really find Ann Nocenti in general to be a ā€œso bad itā€™s goodā€ sort of writer.

2 Likes

*wasnā€™t into

WHY NO EDIT BUTTON?!

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry about the lack of editing abilities, @Jay_Kay; weā€™ll be making some changes in the coming year, so thatā€™s definitely a feature we have on our radar!

3 Likes

Glad to hear it! :blush:

We have easy to use editing tools for posts on our free Discord Book Club site; fascinating that some still prefer to just make a second post with the corrections.