DCU Book Club Week 13 BATMAN: LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT Issues 201-203

IssacBrown

Yessir

1 Like

Oh boy

2 Likes

Spoiler Discussion begins today at 5PM EST! See everyone then:)

4 Likes

Right on Matt

1 Like

Tick tock

1 Like

Spoiler discussion has begun! What did everyone think?

1 Like

I loved it. As Iā€™ve already said I loved how it almost made me feel sorry for the villain. Mr. Freeze has that ability written into his origin I guess, but this time it was even more so. Due to the fact that it was b4 he figured out the best way to keep Norah alive. It was like getting to see his 1st rushed ideas for preserving his 1 true love. The Cat was a pleasant surprise, it never hurts to include Selina. A great arc & a nice selection Matt if I do say so myself & I do.

4 Likes

I enjoyed it quite a bit! My only problem with it was how once it was revealed who was behind it there seemed to be just a big brawl and DONE. I wish there had been maybe one more issue in there. I liked the art. I liked the flow of it.

Alfred was throwing some serious shade in this book though. Rofl

2 Likes

I like a good mystery story, and this arc fit the bill. I was actually tickled by the scene in which Oracle lamented the fact she couldnā€™t do computer searches far back enough to help Bruce, and Bruce thinking he preferred the analog way of detecting.

3 Likes

Short and sweet!! Great story, who doesnā€™t love a good mystery, I thought it was just a no name villain, and maybe freeze was involved, given the hint while downloading I noticed the cover,but again excellent selection matt

2 Likes

Bubble

Doh! Of course it was Mr. Freeze lol! I did not see the cover of the third issue until I read the third issue and then I slapped my forehead - and berated myself for not figuring it out sooner. Now the frozen-face emoji on this thread makes sense.

1 Like

Great story. I loved Alfredā€™s comments and his reminiscing about Thomas Wayne. Oracle and Catwoman were great additions to the story. Awesome choice!

1 Like

Short and sweet is the perfect way to describe this book. I agree though I wish it was 4 Issues instead of 3. It felt a bit rushed towards the end. I would have loved it if we got a bit more Freeze. But overall it was really fun.

Where does everyone stand on the length in regards to a weekly selection? I know this is a busy time of the year for everyone, which is why I chose a shorter arc.

Iā€™m sure we will do a lot of Legends of the Dark Knight moving forward. It just lends itself perfectly to this format.

4 Likes

The shorter length works for me.

4 Likes

Iā€™m confident being in your hands as far as what you select Matt. I just happened to read the Shazam a day or 2 b4 u posted it, so that was a perfect window in for me, cuz Iā€™d been wanting to join for a while previous to that. Wow, now that was a run on sentence. Anyways, Iā€™m happy with the 2 selections since Iā€™ve joined & I read the Vixen one 2 days after u posted it so that makes 3 in a row I truly enjoyed. Keep up the good work Iā€™m excited for your next choice.

2 Likes

Itā€™s your call Matt, like you said everyone is busy this time of year so I feel 3 or 4 is really easy to read but once you get into it whatā€™s a few more :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback:) yā€™all are great!

4 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to reading this in the next 24 hrs. Iā€™m a big fan of Christos Gage, from his early stuff with Authority: Prime and then ā€œAvengers Academyā€ and then later helping with that whole Doc Ock Superior Spider-Man storyline.

2 Likes

@Don-El

Woohoo!!

1 Like