DCFANDOME Art Competition

I hope you continue to recover! Thanks for the tips!

4 Likes

@bknishka yea I’ve been working on a piece for the last 12 hours, close to finishing with only 2 days left to submit.

3 Likes

@CynicalPink thank you, that helps and I do hope you recover soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Thank you much!

2 Likes

Oh wow! Pretty sure yours is gonna blow mine out of the water!

2 Likes

Idk about that :slight_smile: I did finish the piece. It’s on an 11x15 sheet of watercolor paper, done with fine tip pens only, took 16 hours. Just happy to participate really.

2 Likes

Congrats on getting it done on short notice! Would love to see it once the judging is over and you’re allowed to share :slight_smile:

1 Like

For sure I will post it here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just submitted a few entries! I’m very excited!

2 Likes

Just submitted. Easier than I thought. Very fun to art again. Haven’t done it in forever.

3 Likes

That’s cool!! I drew a picture and colored it in with colored pencils and then I also painted a picture. I would love to see your picture when it’s done. Sounds like you put a lot of effort into it! Congrats on getting it done on time!

3 Likes

Oh no! I submitted some of the stuff I have done here. I did a new one though that I pounded out on some really late nights. I can’t wait to show y’all what I did, I am very proud of it. Good luck everyone!!

1 Like

Good luck to everyone in this competition!
It would be very cool if a DC Fan Art Club member made it!

4 Likes

If I had the time I would have painted, I use oil paints though and I layer them so I need months to get em right and yes I will post it here after all is said and done, you be sure to do the same.

2 Likes

I agree :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to try oil paints. I mainly work with acrylic. And I definitely will!

3 Likes

I tried oil for the first time about two years ago. I went in completely blind, no idea what I was doing, and had planned on giving the painting to my bff for her birthday.

Well, starting two months ahead of time, I figured I’d be all set with the project. :scream: Only to find the paint still settling by the time her bday arrived. Never had I realized how much patience and attention was necessary for oils! Huge respect to those who work with them regularly!

2 Likes

Lol I learned the same lesson the hard way xD even tried pointing my fan at the canvas, even then they still dry on their on accord lol. I’ll have to post the one that took me 4 months to complete, it’s of a cowboy though not really DC that I know of… :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

@marcusstry.85346 Sorry I’m seeing this comment so late! And share your piece! If anyone asks, we’ll say it’s an obscure background character from Jonah Hex :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like