DCFANDOME Art Competition

@DCFanArtClub – Hello, guys! I’m so sorry to not have informed you of this sooner, but I’m just finding out myself!

As part of the DC Virtual Convention taking place August 22, there’s an art competition under way. There are only six days left to submit.

From the site:

THE INCENTIVES

DC will select a group of 27 Finalists to be featured within the DC FanDome. During the virtual event in August 2020, global fans will vote on their favorite Finalists to help our judges select the (5) Selected Creators. The final (5) Selected Creators will be based off skill, DC executive review.

The Selected Creators will:

• Potentially have their artwork featured in DC’s FanDome marketing campaign;
  • Potentially receive exposure for their artwork across DC’s FanDome digital and marketing channels including print materials and merchandise;
  • Receive USD $2,000

All submissions to this Creative Brief have the potential to be displayed in a Fan Art Gallery within the DC FanDome virtual event, outside of this Talenthouse competition.

You can learn more or see the current entries here.

22 Likes

My fandoms are Nightwing, Titans, and Wonder Woman. So only one is represented in this “fandome”.

3 Likes

? I only glanced at the rules, but I thought it said all DC characters are welcome.

6 Likes

I glanced as well and didn’t see that. And if they are well no idea how to do whatever this thing is supposed to do.

3 Likes

Sorry, dude. I’m confused. It’s just an art contest for DC characters (and MAD). It’s not supposed to do anything, except be a part of the convention while giving fans the chance to have some fun, connect, and potentially win some cash and self-promotion.

Create one-of-a-kind artwork for DC inspired by your favorite characters and films. Celebrate the legacy of the DC Multiverse and create artwork that showcases the dynamic and powerful Super Heroes and Super-Villains.

8 Likes

Oh see I didn’t understand what this was at all.

2 Likes

Ok but how much money this is insane how do we submit the art?

4 Likes

$2,000 for top winners.

All the details are on the page, guys. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @CynicalPink! I foresee a long weekend of drawing coming up. It may impact getting some thing done here in our own fanArt club, but for a chance at $2000 and getting something of mine shown to tons of people, I will make the sacrifice. :grin:

8 Likes

Best of luck!!! You totally get an absentee pass from DCFAC for something as big as this! :wink:

5 Likes

Same

3 Likes

Much luck to you too! Hope you guys share your work after the competition :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I was gonna ask if we will be able to share them here somewhere afterwards. I am stoked for this! Good luck to everyone trying it out!!

6 Likes

I wanted to share there is also a separate competition called “Show us your DC Fandom” for cosplays, makeup, tattoos, etc. The prize for that one is $1,400. I know there might be people here who aren’t so much into drawing or painting but who love cosplay.

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing that!

And there might be some restrictions on your art if you’re one of the winners, @RobArt471 (fingers crossed!), but I imagine everyone else will be able to post their art elsewhere. I’ll look over the rules more closely this weekend. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

No problem!

Also, (this is just speculation) but since the event states “global fans will vote on their favorite Finalists to help our judges select the (5) Selected Creators”, it seems like people should be able to share their fan art during the voting stage to get people to vote for it.

5 Likes

I think this is so cool! I have a idea of what I may submit too!

4 Likes

Thank for the heads up. Wondering how long I had left.

3 Likes

cool

3 Likes

I’m not as talented as you guys are, if you do enter, hope you win. I’ll be cheering you on.:smiley:

5 Likes