DCFAC Weekly Challenge: June 14-20

sorry it’s late! here’s batwoman ! i’m definitely not as good as most of the artists here but i’m glad i’ve found something to look forward to each week.

9 Likes

This is great! I love the pose you chose for Batwoman - she looks quite formidable. Also, the costume looks fantastic, especially the bat symbol! Awesome job!

1 Like

I’m a bit late on this one, but here it is.

10 Likes

@nightwing2005 I think it looks great! I get like she’s sneaking around the corner and almost get the feel of the Alex Ross No Mans Land cover where Batman is hiding from the spotlight. Very good use of colors as well!

1 Like

@Z-A-C as someone who drew Johnny boy this week as well, I know how difficult it is to capture his attitude but you nailed it! I also like the mystical symbols in the background around him as well. It looks like one of those painted covers for Hellblazer and I loved it!

1 Like

@CynicalPink I’m proud to be a member of this group and to promote it any way I can. All that I said was true and I really enjoy drawing on a regular basis again. The support I provide for others is only due to the positive encouragement I receive from them. If I was rejected and critiqued all the time, I’m not sure how much fun I would have. I am always looking to improve so I welcome constructive criticism as I respect the other club members so much.
Feel free to look back at my post as you keep me going as well.

3 Likes

@_UnderScore, “What is the Question?” I couldn’t stop myself from saying it. It’s like a nice hook in a song. That is some skillful dark humor! Great positioning. Really, really good!

Also, thank you for the kind words!!

@nightwing2005, I like that pose very much! It is very Batwoman in every way to me.

@Z-A-C, this is superb!!! Excellent use of color and shading. His hair is perfect to me. Even the wrinkled feel of Constantine’s clothes comes through as a great texture to the overall feel of the piece! Thanks for the great work!

1 Like

I really feel we are kindred spirits @ImpulseMaxMercury. I have only been here for a couple of months now and I feel the same as you. I love this service and this community in particular. I am 49, I started drawing before I can remember. I grew up, had kids and a career, I pulled away from drawing due to time restraints. Being on here has relit the fire in me to draw that laid cooling for the better part of 20 years off and on. I love seeing what everyone else is doing and I learn from them all and I hope the same is returned in kind. I feel like I have something to look forward to every day, week and month. The kindness and positiveness is so uplifting in all the responses. It is a bright spot of my day that keeps getting brighter as time keeps going. To all of you that have said such kind words for my daughter’s work on the coloring has sparked her into doing more over the last 2 days that she has in a while. Sincerely, thank you and thank you @ImpulseMaxMercury for sharing your thoughts and sparking me to share mine!! Peace.

3 Likes

I love how a nice lunchtime sketch turned it into this awesome artwork. Constantine looks fantastic, and I really like the two-toned lighting. The background looks amazing as well! Great job!

1 Like

What a gorgeous way to incorporate the flag colors into your artwork! This is really beautiful, and would make an awesome user icon.

2 Likes

If anyone wants it for their icon, they can use it.

3 Likes

Absolutely love this! Great Job!

1 Like

Looks Great!

1 Like