DCFAC Sketch-Dump Space

HUGE difference. I notice it more in amateur/fan pieces than professional ones, but there are so many times where something is colored so stunningly that it makes it easier to miss goofs in anatomy, perspective, etc.

4 Likes

well put, it can totally help hide imperfections. I just need to learn how to use colors right. I see how folks will apply a base and build on it for depth. Shading and coloring can really make a plain/not so great piece really pop. I watched a video the other day where they used grey and blue to give depth to the white part of the eyes. I never even thought of that! I use to draw where I would try to make it perfect first try kinda like Rob Liefeld but now getting back into it and having watched a handful Jim Leeā€™s youtube things I really like how he approaches it like clay sculpting almost, with how it starts off Super rough and he builds on it and refines it to make a masterpiece!

4 Likes

Biff this is great! you did a fantastic job on the faceā€™s! really I love this!

3 Likes

Your art looks great! That video sounds cool,
you wouldnā€™t happen to remember the name of it?
7:02pm May 12 2020

4 Likes

thank you! Are you referring to the one about using the gray and blue for the eyes?

3 Likes

Youā€™re welcome!
Yeah, that one. I need to learn how to shade and other art stuff.
7:05pm

4 Likes

Will look for it now there are a few different channels Iā€™ve looked at in the last 2 month but they were on my tv and donā€™t have an account set up or anything so no history option. Iā€™m sure I can find it though. Might take a few but will @ you soon as I do! :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks!
7:09pm

4 Likes

Batman sketch.

18 Likes

Wow! That Batman looks great @mackenna_hanson.62429!
Welcome to the craziness of the community!
7:82pm 5/12/2020

5 Likes

Welcome to the community, @mackenna_hanson.62429! Looks confident! Hope you share more of your stuff!

5 Likes

@Alias Howdy! tried to DM you but it wouldnā€™t let me for some reason. Was just trying not to clutter the thread for CynicalPink, hope its ok to put it here. @CynicalPink if you want me to take it down to remove clutter just let me know.

This lady is really good and breaks down how and why really well.

This one really impressed me with the limited amount of color used.

this person has some amazing stuff but its all time-lapse. There are a bunch of amazing ones by other people on youtube in the time-lapse format. If you havenā€™t yet def check out Jim Lees youtube videos. they are fun and along with random talk he gives a lot of drawing info. Looking forward to checking out your stuff!

6 Likes

Thanks! Oh, drawaholicā€™s videos are fun to watch.
Iā€™m definitely going to check out Jim Leeā€™s videos now.
The doā€™s and donā€™ts are on my watch list now.
Oh, I may have set my preferences to no messages.
I turned them back on now.
7:50pm May 12 2020
My stuff is probably not going to be coming anytime soon. I gotta practice.

4 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

These look great! Momma Kent and Hippolyta look like a page right out of the comics in the back when they show the art before it had been colored.

4 Likes

Youā€™re fine! Feel free to share them on the new tutorial thread too!

4 Likes

Bman looks intense love it. Is it all pen?

Also Welcome to the community dude!

4 Likes

Thought Iā€™d revive this topic a bit with a little panel recreation sketch I did of the Arkham Knight. I need to practice his complicated armor more so I can do a real drawing sometime in the futureā€¦
Reference:

Sketch:

Final Sketchy Inks:

9 Likes

Very cool! Anything that brings armor into play feels like it ups the ante as far as detail goes. Looking forward to when you tackle a polished AK!

4 Likes