DCFAC Sketch-Dump Space

Thank you so much!! I have been doing a Greg Capullo study recently and picked up some nice touches he uses for details. You can see them in the tiny lines in the shading on the teeth and floral aspects. I combined that with the negative space stuff I learned from Tim Sale and mixed in my own style. Now I really need to get in this Captain Cold so I can try and finish it this weekend!

6 Likes

I made this sketch of Cyborg in pen which I then scanned and colorized with Photoshop. I enjoyed using super-bright colors! LOL!
:00_cyborg: :00_dc_2016: :smiley: :pen: :computer_mouse:

6 Likes

I can see the Capullo influence on the teeth. Creepy!
Also really like the effect you used for the trees in the background,

6 Likes

Very nice! Really clean lines on the figure and all of those tech details!

4 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah the trees threw me, they made me think this whole thing was digital! The skill! @RobArt471 Knowledge is power :metal:

4 Likes

Thanks! The trees were a Bob Ross influence, believe it or not. :joy:

4 Likes

Swamp trees are Happy trees :relieved::art::paintbrush:

4 Likes

Yes, very happy. I did it by using a crumpled up Kleenex and dabbing it with ink on the crinkled parts only. Then using a brush to add in the stems and sticks.

4 Likes

I love that, sounds fun!
Did you do the trees first or mask off the foreground?

4 Likes

Great question!! I used post it notes torn down to size to mask off parts and then used whiteout to ā€œeraseā€ areas that I couldnā€™t mask off completely.

5 Likes

Neat!

4 Likes

:joy: :joy: funny piece o comic plus good art.

3 Likes

So creepy yet so pretty. Always using nifty techniques and channeling bob ross :rofl:

4 Likes

Really love the bright colors, feels really 80s to me. Also like jk said nice xlean lines especually with all the robot parts

5 Likes

@biff_pow are we going to see a continuation of valentines cards this year?

5 Likes

iā€™ve only managed to produce a handful this year, but iā€™m not the only one!

(thanks for asking!)

5 Likes

Awww wonderful thank you!!!

5 Likes

Yep, definitely some Bob Ross in there. Thank you!!

4 Likes

Thank you! :pray: :sweat_smile:
Iā€™m glad you like the colors! I have fun using colors available in digital ā€œpaintā€ software. Thereā€™s such a variety of hues that really pop visually! :smiling_face:

5 Likes