2. The Suicide Squad
  3. Peacemaker
  4. Black Adam
  5. Wonder Woman
  6. WW84
  7. Suicide Squad
  8. Man of Steel
  9. Batman v Superman

With Blue Beetle and Aquaman coming I guess someone will need to make a ‘DCU Ranking’ thread

1 Like

As I wrote before and still quoting @OldManJonah’s original post (not his update)

I choose to pretend the others don’t exist :wink:

I would, as I said, add Shazam to his original three, and I would add The Flash, Fury of the Gods, and stick Black Adam at the bottom of the pile (meaning as #7).

And I would stick The Flash before Aquaman, but still below Wonder Woman. While I think the third act of WW had major problems and flaws, ultimately the choices they made in that big action set piece in The Flash, which most people treat as the Last Boss/Act Three scene, versus the Chrono Bowl/Supermarket meet-up which literally is that final boss.

In the fullness of time, especially after re-watching bits of Shazam! earlier this year before the sequel, and watching bits of MoS while packing last month, I’ve decided to move MoS down, but in front of Fury of the Gods and the rest:

And since I’m saying that Black Adam exists, I’ll acknowledge and stick Justice League (2017) and BvS before it so they become 7, 8, 9.

Still have yet to watch WW '84 but plan to.

The rest don’t exist…

(Updated to include The Flash)

My ranking from best to worst:

1. Wonder Woman
  2. Man of Steel and Zack Snyder’s Justice League (tie)
  3. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition
  4. The Flash
  5. Wonder Woman 1984
  6. Shazam! Fury of the Gods
  7. Shazam!
  8. Aquaman
  9. Black Adam
  10. Birds of Prey
  11. The Suicide Squad
  12. Peacemaker
  13. Suicide Squad

I don’t count the theatrical versions of BvS or Justice League.

2 Likes

MoS, BvS, ZSJL are above The Flash for me easily. I have no real ranking but I would probably take The Flash over Shazams, Black Adam Suicide Squads easily

4 Likes

Yeah, on my ranking I only truly dislike the bottom three properties. 2016’s Suicide Squad was borderline incomprehensible and I just do not care for James Gunn as a filmmaker or showrunner. Needless to say, I do not have high hopes for Superman: Legacy.

1 Like

Saw The Flash on Saturday, so here are my updated rankings (although I could see it moving up a slot after repeated viewings):

1. Man Of Steel
  2. Zack Snyder’s Justice League
  3. Birds Of Prey
  4. Batman v Superman: Ultimate Edition
  5. The Flash
  6. The Suicide Squad/Peacemaker (tie)
  7. Aquaman
  8. Wonder Woman/Wonder Woman 84 (tie)
  9. Shazam! Fury of the Gods
  10. Black Adam (edges out Shazam! because of the inclusion of the JSA)
  11. Shazam!
  12. Suicide Squad
  13. Justice League

By the way, seeing that The Flash and Birds Of Prey had the same screenwriter made me really wish we’d gotten the Batgirl movie she wrote too.

3 Likes

Well, I think a fair amount of the story came from other people; Muschietti himself said he read of all the previous scripts and apparently also said he took a bit from each of them (which would presumably include the script Ezra worked on with Grant Morrison!).

Plus the person credited as also writing the script along with Hodson, also worked on Edge of Tomorrow (albeit as a producer)

Definitely a lot of writers were involved, but to get sole on-screen credit (which I believe Christina Hodson received) the screenwriter’s guild has to believe you made a very significant contribution. I honestly expected to see six or seven writers credited due to the lengthly history of the project.

1 Like

Ah yes, you are correct. I know that some of these writers got a story credit, but I don’t recall the ‘screenplay’ page, I think I was taking a sip at that precise moment and while I watched the movie again, we walked in well after the trailers and the opening titles.

1. Justice League Snyder Cut
  2. Batman V. Superman Ultimate edition
  3. Man of Steel
  4. Wonder Woman
  5. Shazam
  6. Birds of Prey
  7. THE Suicide Squad
  8. Black Adam

I didn’t like the rest and the flash was garbage to me.

2 Likes

My ranking of DCEU properties from best to worst, updated to include Blue Beetle:

1. Wonder Woman
  2. Man of Steel and Zack Snyder’s Justice League (tie)
  3. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition
  4. The Flash and Blue Beetle (tie)
  5. Wonder Woman 1984
  6. Shazam! Fury of the Gods
  7. Shazam!
  8. Aquaman
  9. Black Adam
  10. Birds of Prey
  11. The Suicide Squad
  12. Peacemaker
  13. Suicide Squad

I don’t count or recommend the theatrical versions of Batman v Superman or Justice League.

The only properties on my list that I consider truly “bad” are 11-13.
9 and 10 are “okay.”
4-8 are “great.”
1-3 are “near-perfect.”

2 Likes
  1. Wonder Woman
  2. Shazam
  3. Peacemaker
  4. The Batman
  5. The Suicide Squad
  6. Snyder Cut
  7. Aquaman
  8. Wonder Woman 84
  9. Batman v Superman
  10. Shazam Fury of the Gods
  11. Birds of Prey
  12. Blue Beetle
  13. Man of Steel
  14. Black Adam
  15. Suicide Squad
1 Like

4-8 are great? But that includes WW84!!! That can’t be right!

Lol, j/k. Again, good to find a WW84 fan out there.

1 Like

Likewise! I defended Spider-Man 3 back in 2007 and I’ll defend Wonder Woman 1984 now :rofl:

3 Likes

I think I did too, then eventually joined the majority opinion. Never understood the ‘emo’ critique. Cause, yeah, sure…emos dance in broad daylight like that on the street and then partake in a night on the town like a scene out of freakin’ Chicago, lol.

The real problem of the film I argue is that it is doing way too much. Sure, we gotta finish up the bit Harry, of course. Then we throw Sandman into the mix, ok, sure. Hold up, now we have the symbiote, well, ok. Hey, now we have Venom! In the end, everything is settled and tied up. It just feels so exhausting, if ya know what I mean. I do like the ending though.

I do love his video on it.

1 Like

Spider-Man 3 has many problems and it does not live up to its predecessors but in my opinion, it’s just not as bad as most people say. Spider-Man 3 should have been two or three separate movies. Similarly, Wonder Woman 1984 has plenty of issues but it is so much better than most people think, in my opinion. The 2017 movie is near-perfect but 1984 is still a good movie to me.

I’m only going to list the ones I’ve seen. For the record I thought these all were great and not horrible.
Wonder Woman
Suicide Squad 2
The Batman
Black Adam
Justice League. Snyder
Wonder woman 84
Aquaman
Suicide Squad
Birds of prey
Man of Steel
Batman v Superman.

1 Like

Saw Blue Beetle on opening night but it’s been a busy week so I haven’t been able to update my rankings until now. I’ve also recently rewatched Black Adam and Shazam! Fury of the Gods and have tweaked their rankings a bit.

1. Man Of Steel
  2. Zack Snyder’s Justice League
  3. Birds Of Prey
  4. Batman v Superman: Ultimate Edition
  5. Blue Beetle
  6. The Flash
  7. The Suicide Squad
  8. Aquaman
  9. Wonder Woman/Wonder Woman 84 (tie)
  10. Black Adam
  11. Shazam!/ Shazam! Fury of the Gods (tie)
  12. Suicide Squad
  13. Justice League
1 Like

Birds of Prey that high? How could you? That’s not allowed! You have testicles.

J/K. I liked it. Dunno if I’d rank it that high, but yeah, Birds of Prey was awesome, nice to see someone liked it.

1. BvS
  2. ZSJL
  3. The Suicide Squad
  4. MoS
  5. Aquaman
  6. WW
  7. Birds of Prey
  8. Suicide Squad

I just ranked all the movies I liked

3 Likes