DC Universe Release Dates for DCAU Movies

I think I speak for all of us when I say:

4 Likes

Ya know, I can’t think of a single DC film that I like that I don’t already own. In the end I only NEED Batman, Batman Returns, Superman, and Superman II. I’m not desperate for the stuff that’s been made over the last seven years.

2 Likes

I was reading more into the agreement on whats public kniwn and its not just backup royalties i think he used the money he won to buy back part of superman which is. Smart. So he knows some rights to all the christpher reeves superman films and superman returns . cause i looked up ownership and yes warner media does own the rights to superman but his name and one other is also on the ownership name. So it could be maybe after that agreement he bpught some shares or some rights

DC Comics owns Superman

You may also see

Based on an agreement with the Siegel.Family

DC Comics never lost any.of the lawsuits that Siegel and Shuster co creators of Superman generated

It was the negative publicity generated by these guys being in.poverty while the company and others were making millions off thr character that caused the company to negotiate with them prior to the 1978.Supetman movie

But each time the copywright laws changes, the rights to Superman are in danger. At some point it will be in Public Domain.

Thry paid the Siegels heir off to stop any furure lawsuits.

Siegel and Shuster have been dead for a long time now, in 1996.and 1992.

See

I have already researched all this

if you want to learn significant events in super hero genre history

if you want to learn how Superman Batman.and Wonder Woman were created

3 Likes

The funny thing is most dc films and series i watch are the older ones lol i rarely see the new stuff. Ssme with comics i find myself reading thenolder ones then the newer ones

2 Likes

Awesome links, @TurokSonOfStone1950!

1 Like

I was reading and sigels daughter was battling warner media in the courts i dont know how old this is but this was a year or two after his wife pass

Please see latest

This is very old news

Nothing is happening on this anymore

1 Like

I read it DC won the appeal and got the rights back in 2013. The funny thing is man of steel isnt on DCU or HBO Max because of a previous deal warner bros made with Disney. Which is still intact where disney owns the broadcasting rights to man of steel. I gotta do some tracking and resesrch on the reeves distribution and broadcasting rights. To see maybe we can see who owns the rights to those

2 Likes

But it’s called Marvel Unlimited! How could they LIMIT the fans to the comics and not include the entire MCU? (And no, I wouldn’t be any more satisfied if they included the classic Incredible Hulk TV series or the 90s X-Men series. Recent stuff only.)

3 Likes

FX bought the rights which at the time wS own by Fox disney bought Fox in 2019. So FX is own by disney now so if AT&T want Man of Steel back they gotta negotiate with Disney

They are owned by Sony, that’s why they aren’t on Disney channel. So there is some poetic justice in that.

1 Like