DC UNIVERSE Is Becoming DC UNIVERSE INFINITE, Your New Premiere Comic Subscription Service, January 2021!

Sounds great, glad the suspense is over, i will miss the video content, but I get HBO Max through my ATT unlimited plan for free, so hopefully they will continue to have the new stuff and move the old stuff to there.

14 Likes

Will the video content be gone by December ?

Not a complaint, here fore the comics and hoping the process to get more comics on the service goes smoothly

Also will the Encyclopedia stay?

6 Likes

The best part is the surviving of the community part and expansion hinted at.

12 Likes

DC UNIVERSE INFINITE will add a larger and more recent set of titles to its existing comics library at the same low price of $74.99/year and $7.99/month.

Access to community will remain unchanged for all DC UNIVERSE members - whether premium or registered via the web through our evolution. We have exciting things in store in the year ahead - stay tuned for more details!

18 Likes

Holy flirking schnit, this is AWESOME! And in January no less! Talk about a BADASS birthday present!

I’m also jazzed about the mention of more fan events, as there’s some people I’d love to put faces to names to!

This is a great kickoff to Batman Day weekend and to a bright, shiny, happy future for one of my absolute favorite DC products!

21 Likes

I recently read on Newsarama that DC universe will no longer have any TV or Film that is going to be on HBOMAX, is that true?

5 Likes

:+1:

19 Likes

DC UNIVERSE INFINITE will not offer video content, and details about the destination of your favorite classics will be revealed in the future :slight_smile:

27 Likes

It was what initially drew me in and always was my main reason for being here. The video content. I’ve read a few comics but mostly used it for easy points during the rewards event. Hopefully I can find the time by the end of the year to get into the comic aspect and community. From my limited time reading the forums I did enjoy the tight-nit community. Very little to no negativity that infects most forums and drives people away. This is not a crying reply. For those that are here mainly for the comics I rejoice that it is staying for you. Honestly as my life has changed there was very little chance of me keeping my membership anyways. I know this was poorly written and as I read more of the story and fully wake up I’ll rewrite this. Again, I’m very happy the service is staying and revamping towards comics only for those interested in that part. Thanks for your time. George

25 Likes

I read something about DC Universe Infinite Originals. Very curious about this.
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

17 Likes

This will not impact the restoration process for archive issues that DC is already committed to each year- the majority of the changes you will see will be in comics currently available digitally that aren’t represented in the current library. Stay tuned in the future for details on which imprints and lines will make it our way first!

18 Likes

Hiya! As we mention in our FAQ, the Encyclopedia will indeed stay :slight_smile: Video content will slowly leave the service, but we are not yet releasing details on exact dates yet.

15 Likes

17 Likes

I signed up to DC Universe for the Video content, so looks like I won’t be renewing my subscription here. Really disappointing news. If the 4.99 for HBO Max was permanent, maybe I’d stay but that’s still only till December. Ohh well.

16 Likes

Did you SEE the mention of global??

11 Likes

Very excited! It’s going to be sad to see the movies and tv shows go, but I’m glad the service is surviving and thriving. I hope to see more Vertigo stuff!

17 Likes

yeah I’m well aware that DC Univierse Infinite is not going to offer video content. The press release made that abundantly clear. It also made clear that all the recent shows are going to Max. What it didn’t make clear was where all the classic stuff is going. The shows are the only reason I subscribed to the services. Call me old fashioned, but I still like to actually walk down to the LCS and visit with the gang and buy a comic book and go to the coffee shop and read a stack of comics more than sitting there staring at a tablet/laptop/cellphone. to read a digital book.

18 Likes

hi, I don’t mean to spam, but I read something about the $5 deal for hbo max and I was wondering where exactly I would go to take up on that? because it seems interesting but i can’t seem to figure it out

6 Likes

That is true- you can read all about it in our FAQ :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m excited that their keeping the community feature. Community has been a big part of this app and one of the reasons why I want to keep my subscription going. So many nice people with many helpful admins.

13 Likes