DC Universe Infinite Launch Release Notes - January 21st, 2021

Ah. I don’t think my Android tablet has a dark mode setting of its own. Too bad its not native to the app.
At least the empty white space isn’t as bad compared to my pc.

1 Like

First, I want to say all the changes Are awesome! Thanks for everyones hard work!

Now comes the question. I have no widget. Where can I find the widget? I am running IOS 14.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Also… is the widget iOS only?
I didn’t see one in the widgets section on my Android tablet.

The custom icons for our screen is a really cool concept. But why are there so few options? Why is Punchline included over any of the Robins or Superboy? (Personally, I’d like Impulse, but that’s just me.)

Also, I am a bit sad that I now have to leave the app to access the community portal. And the formatting is still as clunky as ever.

2 Likes

I love the updated app. The transition from the old DCU was much more streamlined than I was fearing. The new comics being added are going to be very popular, in my opinion.

1 Like

I was surprised not to see a Swamp Thing or a Zatanna.
I ended up choosing Nightwing, but it didn’t change it on the home screen until I rebooted my phone.

Is the Android version getting the widget and custom icon?

1 Like

Widget is only available on iOS14 to the best of my knowledge.

@romangreco
Use widgets on your iPhone and iPod touch

1. From the Home Screen, touch and hold a widget or an empty area until the apps jiggle.
  2. Tap the Add button. in the top left-hand corner.
  3. Select a widget, choose from the three different widget sizes, then tap Add Widget.
  4. Tap Done.
2 Likes

Awesome, thanks! Too bad there wasn’t one for IPadOS.

1 Like

I LOVE IT and the new UPDATES!

Same here. The white hurts my eyes, hope they add dark mode inside the app in the future.

1 Like

@seitan ^^ I’m tagging you over here because I saw you ask about dark mode.

2 Likes

I have Wonder Woman on my ipad now!

2 Likes

Will the selectable icons be ported to Android?

2 Likes

Pretty disappointed no changes were made to the very slow browse section, no ability to sort issues by date, no fast scrolling… all stuff that MU has had for years and seems like no-brainer additions.

4 Likes

Just to throw this out there. When I have books downloaded on my iPad, the app runs terribly. But if I remove them, it’s fine. Do you have anything downloaded?

I found a work around for android devices that don’t have night mode in their default options. You need to access developer mode on it. If you don’t know how to, do a google search because it may change depending you device, in general is touching the serial number under the about device in setting. Once that’s enable, there is a option to force night mode, choose that. Hope this help.

1 Like

Is it possible to put the browser version in dark mode? Am I missing something?

1 Like

Hey @markhb - We are always working on bringing the latest updates & features and I’ll pass your request onto the devs for further review.

3 Likes

Hi @zacharyfdeane.1708 - We are currently working on a lot of feature updates in addition to everything we just rolled out today. Thanks so much for your feedback as it really helps us know what is important to our members!

3 Likes