DC Universe Infinite Launch Release Notes - January 21st, 2021

I cannot find an app for Infinite, that allows me to read comic books on my TV. ALL of Nov and Dec I have been reading comics on my 75" 4k TV, it was a DREAM. NOW… nothing. WHEN is this going to return??? Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @FuzzGoblin - DC Universe Infinite does not support television devices as of December, 2020. Please see here for more information.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but how exactly do digital first series work? Represent is a digital first series, but I’m unsure when it is going to be on DCUI. The wording makes it seems like the 6 month rule only applies to print releases.

1 Like

Hi @lo_third! Digital first series are typically released on DCUI three months after publication. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m seeing a lot of performance issues with the DC Universe Infinite update than before. I’m on an iPad Pro 12.9” 3rd generation on iOS 14.3. I’ve noticed lag all over the app but really noticed it when scrolling through the Jump Back In section and the comic reader. I’m not sure why this is an issue when Marvel and Comixology have really smooth comic reader experiences, and DC Universe used to be decent but now I have to tap multiple times on the screen for it to even register and after swiping to a new page the touch controls don’t work for at least 2-5 seconds. It’s like it expects me to read the entire page before I would want to swipe again so it becomes disabled? I often swipe back a page or 2 to make sure I registered everything but now it’s incredibly slow to do. Really hope these are fixed ASAP.

1 Like

Thank you for all the feedback, @Maximilian! I saw in the other thread that performance was improved for you after you reinstalled. Were you still having all these issues after you reinstalled?

1 Like

Are there any plans to re-add app support for the Kindle Fire? I have no interested in trying to read comics through the poor browser on Fire, nor do I have any interest in trying to sideload an app. I’ve love my sub, but it’s currently useless to me, and I will cancel it if I can’t use it on my chosen device.

1 Like

Hi @xanexcaligula.43380 - I don’t believe we have plans to re-add any devices at this time (See our dedicated thread here), I can pass your suggestions over to the team though.

I’m genuinely just completely confused at why in the world light theme is the default. Light mode is terrible. Some people may like it, but I’d be shocked if there was ANYBODY who gets a dark theme default and is mad that it’s not light. I use a Chromebook tablet, and Chromebooks don’t have an option for systemwide dark mode. Therefore, I just don’t get an option for dark mode. That seems insane to me. Why would blinding white be the default option, and the ONLY option for web and Chromebook users?

Thank you for the feedback, @VanWinkle (and welcome back)! I’ve passed that along to the team. :slight_smile:

I would like to see the DC Comics Encyclopedia comeback. It was on the DC Universe but when it transformed into DC Infinite it’s nowhere to be found.

2 Likes

Hey!

The encyclopedia has been temporarily removed, but it will return on dccomics.com!

In the meantime, there’s the ‘Who’s Who’ feature on the site that is similar to the encyclopedia. Hopefully this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is all I have wanted this app to have since it came out. I really hope it can happen somehow. I want to read everything post crisis in order of release without having to keep jumping between websites with that information.

1 Like

Welcome back @TheMongoMania! I’ve gone ahead and passed this suggestion up to the team.

1 Like

What is the little cake icon by my name when I post? Just curious really.

1 Like

You Joined Feb 25, '16

It’s your anniversary here.

It will be gone tomorrow

There is another one for your birthday

2 Likes

Nice!

2 Likes

I wonder if that was the first day you could subscribe?

2 Likes

I Joined Aug 27, '18

Maybe
You belonged to DC Access before DC Universe started?

2 Likes

I tried to do a search in the community on an iPad, the search bar pops up, but before I can type it goes away, anyone else noticed that.

2 Likes