DC TV & Movie Club/Superman Fan Club-Superman: The Movie Watch Along September 20th @12pm PST/3pm EST

Screen-Shot-2018-10-02-at-9.15.17-AM-e1538496945445

The @DC-TV-And-Movie-Club and the @Superman-Fan-Club are joining together for a watch along of what is arguably the most influential and impactful movie of the superhero genre, 1978’s Superman: The Movie. Directed by Richard Donner, starring Christopher Reeve, Gene Hackman, and many other amazing actors, and accompanied by the pure nostalgia that is John Williams’ score. This film in many ways created the blockbuster comic book movie and without it, the major cinematic and television universes we have based on these beloved characters would not be around today. Whether this is somehow your first time watching this amazing classic or the hundredth, you definitely don’t want to miss this watch along.

This is how you can join in:

WHO: You!
WHAT: Superman: The Movie
WHERE: DC Universe! We will be doing the discussion portion of the Watch Along Below!
WHEN: Sunday, September 20th @12pm PST/3pm EST
WHY: To be closer as a community and watch this amazing movie together
HOW: Great question- read below!

=========================

:point_down:RULES OF THE ROAD​:point_down:

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access Superman: The Movie
  2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone or computer for comments, and your big screen for viewing.
  3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour
  4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, it’s 12:15pm PST, then we are 15 minutes into the movie.

Thank you to @Don-El and the Superman Fan Club for organizing this with us and making this possible. Can’t wait to see you all there.

6 Likes

Up up and away!!!

4 Likes

Time to start studying my knowledge of the 28 know galaxies.

7 Likes

I hear it’s a great way to pass the time on a long trip. Babies can’t get enough

5 Likes

:superman_hv_1: I really believe a man can fly!:grin:

4 Likes

Ive never seen this movie

3 Likes

You’re kidding, well if not you’ve got to see it.:grinning: In my opinion this was the greatest Superman film ever made and it’s worth watching.

5 Likes

I’ve got to be here for the watch along

5 Likes

Yes you do. Don’t worry we’ll fix this immediately. As someone on this service (and a human being with eyes and ears) you’ll appreciate this amazing film in no time.

4 Likes

I might just attend this shindig.

May I attend wearing a red towel as an impromptu cape?

5 Likes

I think of Superman: The Movie as the greatest comic book-based movie of all time, and 100% agree that it’s worth seeing.

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more

2 Likes

Of course. Saturday is Batman day for DC. Only fair we make Sunday Superman day

6 Likes

Chances are I’ll probably be at work for it, but I hope you guys have a fun time with the movie. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks. Wish you could’ve gone

1 Like

This will be the greatest WAL of all time! [Superman Fan Club] Assemble!!!

3 Likes

Wouldn’t have it any other way

3 Likes

You’ve got my vote!

2 Likes

Today is the day!!! In a little over 3 hours we will be watching this. I hope people will join in. I am super excited for this one. I hear everyone talk about it as a classic, so it will be nice to finally watch it and see what the hype is :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is awesome. Christopher Reeve is Superman. Haven’t seen the film in a while. I wish I could watch with you all but my team will be playing at the time. Just want to say enjoy everyone and maybe I’ll catch the next one.

3 Likes