DC TV & Movie Club/Superman Fan Club-Superman: The Movie Watch Along September 20th @12pm PST/3pm EST

I get it. Hopefully you can come to next one

1 Like

It’s definitely a classic for a reason. After this you’ll want to binge the next three (just warning you 3+4 aren’t as good as first two but still okay). Also the Donner cut of Superman two is one of my favorite superhero movies. Not as much as first but I like it a little more than theatrical cut of second which is still good.

4 Likes

Less then an hour to go everyone. I can’t wait.

2 Likes

I was thinking maybe next week or 2 you can do (bring your own movie) Superman 2 watch along, The movie is connected to the first film. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

37 minutes

2 Likes

next month all other 3 movies are being added to the site

3 Likes

I love this movie, but I own it on DVD in its Special Edition form, which means that I’d have to stream a movie I already own in a version that I find inferior just to participate. Hmm…

4 Likes

And they’re on HBO Max

2 Likes

never having seen the movie i’m excited

4 Likes

That’s great. First time always best viewing. Can’t recreate that wonder

3 Likes

I’ll be watching on HBO Max, so the movie won’t freeze on me.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

In my case, that might not be true. I first saw it in pan-and-scan on a blurry VHS release, and it made a much stronger impact many years later when I saw the remastered Special Edition release. Then again, that’s all technical stuff. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I know what you mean. I own original VHS and love watching that but using DCU because sticking together for WaL.

4 Likes

I watched first on VHS too. Digital quality is better but not the same to me.

2 Likes

@Green_Loontern I hope you’ll enjoy watching this film, in my opinion it’s the greatest Superman film ever.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

10 minutes until show time!

4 Likes

The movie and I are a same age!:laughing:

2 Likes

Let me just clarify for those who haven’t seen the movie: the theatrical cut is excellent. The Special Edition adds 8 minutes that I find beneficial to the movie, but they’re not essential.

3 Likes

I think they used special edition when on Netflix a few years back.

3 Likes

Almost ready… Up up & Away!

3 Likes