DC Round Robin 2022: Round 2 Voting Has Begun!

Why did they get the same writer for Haley Quinn the anmaited series tie in comic to werite ther horror comic

6 Likes

I like everything that is on the right side bracket and know that one of them will lose.

The Kid flash series by Brandon Easton is something I will be rooting for even though we got a suicide squad book against it. Gotta stand strong with a underdog despite all odds in this situation.

Round Robin 2022 Round 2 Bracket (1)

9 Likes

Honestly I did not think I was going to be excited for suicide squad dark but seeing the artist gets me excited maybe we can get some gory images.

7 Likes

:joy:

I mean, that would give me a lot of votes… :grin:

… but nah, I want new readers involved too. Definitely don’t want this to be gatekeep-y. If there was a way to tell who might have a chance of purchasing it, that would be interesting, but that seems pretty unworkable. Or sounds like “kickstarter” or something.

There are probably some things they could do to reach a large audience but still get a more comics-focused electorate (like hyping it on all platforms, but linking the voting to here or insta or whatever… an extra step that I would be against in political voting, but that seems reasonable when marketing a product)… but that really depends on what their goal is here.

7 Likes

Round Robin 2022 Round 2 Bracket (1)
I am pretty torn after seegin Who is writing what anyone have any inthinght on the weriters

7 Likes

Writer and yeah.

Brandon Easton is a new writer from DC comics. His work is decent and while not in love with his Mister Miracle book I do believe he is a solid writer who can make a great kid flash book.

Zac Thompson is the writer for the pitch suicide squad dark book and he has experience writing Suicide squad books.
However I wouldn’t say much about him if I hadn’t read his Lonely receiver book from Aftershock. Itself a wonderful series

5 Likes

Somebody help me out here. How good is Pennyworth (the comic) in the form of mystery and suspense.

6 Likes

Thank u I will take this into consideration

6 Likes

It reminds me a little of Shonen Jump, the biggest manga magazine in Japan. The readers get to vote for their top 3 every week, and that plays heavily into which series get cancelled. If I recall, voting is done with a postcard that comes with the magazine so you do need to physically buy one in order to get a say in it.

There’s not really a good way to go about doing that here, though. I do think making people do one extra click is enough to weed out people who really aren’t engaged. If you’re not willing to click on a link to vote on something you care about, I feel like you can’t expect them to actually pay any money on it either.

8 Likes

Well, color me uninterested in anything else, then. :frowning:

8 Likes

i agree with the first one. The Question should’ve been given a chance

8 Likes

Would it really be a green arrow lead series tho? So much other characters. Also he kind of acts out of character in the discription. (Also they should totally make the question marks green or Prupole to invoke the riddler)

6 Likes

Elongated_Man_Justice_01
Ok, I will be examining the creative teams and the more detailed descriptions closely for a bit. This could take a while. Be back later…

9 Likes

Tell me what u find interesting about each creater. I haven’t read any of the titles they have wrote so I can’t judge them affectively

6 Likes

So looking at the creative teams I think I have my choices figured out:
Green Lantern: Conspiracy over Superboy: I love JSA characters, its set during the Golden Age, yes this will get my vote over everything.
Kid Flash over Suicide Squad: Kid Flash looks weird and fun and interesting. Boosting comics featuring characters of color is very good and Wallace deserves to be more explored more. Meanwhile I don’t really like the Suicide Squad post the Ostrander/Yale run so pretty easy.
Ghost Tour over the other Lantern book: I really liked Tee Franklin’s Harley Quinn, I like supporting weirder b and c list characters, this is literally the only female fronted book left and the only one written by a woman.
Constantine over the Hawks: This is a hard vote, I might change my votes fifty times over, but Nik Virella’s art was impressive. I want to support the less popular characters here (the Hawks) but I don’t really love the pitch for being weird and screwing with Hackman again. Meanwhile Constantine does have Etrigan here and it’d be fun to see more of him. In the end that artwork pushed me over, go Constantine I guess?

9 Likes

… actually before I leave to dig through all the new info, just curious… @Alec.Holland … do you have any info on how the creative teams were formed? Did the writers and artists find each other and then enter a submission based on their interest in participating? Did DC editorial assign teams and ask for pitches? Something in between…?

Ok, back to it…

7 Likes

I voted for SS just because outside of Green Arrow the JL team didnt sound that interesting.

6 Likes

I would argue that it was missed opportunity.
Kate Spencer Manhunter and Caitlin Snow sold me on what the book could have been.
The latter more so because Killer frost hasn’t been seen for a while and after she reform in Justice League of America I wanted to know what happened to her. Likewise, Manhunter has a interesting history in DC comics and a hero we don’t see much often of.

Basically I liked to see a Justice League book without the trinity in it and it sucks Instagram is responsible for bringing this book out of the bracket despite a majority here and on Twitter.

8 Likes

I know, right?

I only had one of my favorites make it through (Ghost Tour from Hell, which we now know to be from a dream team of Tee Franklin and Domo Stanton), but with a bit more depth in to the descriptions, I’m getting a bit more interested in the alternatives.

My two cents:

• The “Super Sons meets the Orphan” angle sounds kind of neat, and there’s even some echoes of that weird Teen Titans Go! episode where Robin lives “natively” among actual robins. But the reveal that Constantine is depowered and ends up somehow hosting Etrigan brings me right back to my round one instinct of Always. Vote. Etrigan. (a lesser known corrollary to the more well known Always. Vote. Kirby.)
  • This Suicide Squad Dark is shaping up to be be a chaotic mess and I’m not sure if that’s good or bad. When it sounded like an all Earth-13 story, I wasn’t very interested, but with at least two other Earths, Frankenstein, and a reminder that I still need to read The Terrifics, I’m all in now. Definitely sounds better than the Sinestro/Thrawn team up, even if I love me some li’l Wally. (What ever happened to that shoehorned relationship with Emiko?)
  • The Northeast bracket is killing me. I was 100% Captain Carrot based on solicits, but with that taken away, the senile John Stewart buddying up with Lobo actually sounds fun AF. And Si Spurrier is amazing. But I am going to be a broken record here with Tee Franklin and Domo Stanton in a Xanadu centric story with Boston and Jason up against Blackfire and Hecate!!! COME ON. During Mardis Gras. With random Bloodwynd and Constantine. Ghost Tour From Hell ALL THE WAY. (And then I’ll vote for GL next round :frowning:)
  • The Southeast is kind of meh for me. I think I’m leaning Superboy despite no interest in Connor as a character, because Dominators, and the whole Cosmoteers thing has a little bit of an Omega Men vibe and could be interesting I think.
7 Likes

I’d like to propose the series JL*: in which we alternate issue to issue between creative teams giving us ongoing Justice League Queer, Justice League Redacted, and whatever other Trinity- (and maybe Martian- and Speedster- and Lantern-) free line-ups are sitting on some editor’s desk right now. :smiley: Bring back versions of Justice League United/Canada, Justice League Antarctica, Justice League Elite, etc. Maybe give me some Justice League Coral City action?

7 Likes