DC References in Other Properties

Last Week Tonight: 𝔹𝔸𝕋𝕄𝔸ℕ.

5 Likes

I love John Oliver SO much

5 Likes

I’m all onboard now. I didn’t like him at first because I watched a stand up of his that was awful. -& I’m extremely forgiving in that arena cuz it’s one of the absolute hardest art forms. I usually never do that either…Then I watched Community & liked him again. Then was like…oh man… I haven’t watched that show (Last Week Tonight) yet & it’s season #29!!! I decided to just do this season then go back & watch the rest since that news will be way old by now. He is great, I now know that.

5 Likes

Family Guy: π™‚π˜Όπ™‡ π™‚π˜Όπ˜Ώπ™Šπ™.

4 Likes

2022 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony: π™€π™ˆπ™„π™‰π™€π™ˆ π˜Όπ™Ž π™π™Šπ˜½π™„π™‰. @bigblock66 our guys in & man did he tear the roof off. Incredible performance!!!

6 Likes

On last night’s episode of The Winchesters, Mary takes a telephone out of a hidden drawer in a desk, prompting John to comment, β€œYour dad has a Batphone?” It turns out the phone is used exclusively for and by Hunters (the term used in the Supernatural/Winchesters reality for people who hunt down monsters, demons, and other malevolent supernatural entities).

4 Likes

Whips out a piece of Kryptonite to stop the kid from distracting everybody from his speech lol

4 Likes

:joy: he probably wished he had some. That kid did like 4 full complete circles around him while he spoke. Then just posted up & watched from the side on camera lol… I was laughing so hard.

4 Likes

The Great North: ππ€π“πŒπ€π ππ„π†πˆππ’, π’π‚π€π‘π„π‚π‘πŽπ–, & π‚πˆπ‹π‹πˆπ€π πŒπ”π‘ππ‡π˜. (Not Sillian lol).

5 Likes

Yes he did!!!
I knew it was just a matter of time before the GOAT was in.
Man I’m so excited!!!

4 Likes

Amazing set wasn’t it!?!? You don’t have to answer lol. It was for a fact Amazing!!! haha. Dolly Parton was great. Said, well if their gonna induct me into the Rock HOF I might as well have a rock song. So, I wrote one. Then comes out in all leather & the song (as only Dolly could pull off) wasn’t bad. It was good!!! Not that I should be shocked but then again, yes I should. Jokingly wrote a song b/c she was going into the rock hall with no rock songs-& it was a great rock song? She’s a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

4 Likes

Newspaper daily strips are very common ones, surprised more have not popped up here in the past few years:

5 Likes

And I’m surprised the Eminem song is the only brought up so far:

R.E.M.'s Superman
I am, I am, I am superman
And I know what’s happening
I am, I am, I am superman
And I can do anything

R.E.M.'s Superman

Also, Sunshine Superman, Donovan’s only real American hit single:
Superman or Green Lantern ain’t got a-nothin’ on me
I can make like a turtle and dive for your pearls in the sea, yeah!

5 Likes

Tons 3 doors down- Krytronite, Our Lady Peace- Superman’s Dead that’s just off the top of my head after reading your post. I could probably max this out without even using Google lol. I just posted the few Eminem ones while I was listening to them cuz the lyrics were on the tv. There’s a ton more of Eminem I didn’t post even that day cuz I just didn’t wanna rewind the whole song just to get a pic. Usually I do tho lol.

3 Likes

Well, I had to use a browser search to find the art and the links to the media, and in doing that, I came up with one post that claims some 80+ references to Superman in music - but I don’t remember where from. But yes, you are right, there are too many to mention. I’m just surprised that some very famous and popular ones weren’t.

4 Likes

I hear ya. Musical library is so vast. I guess maybe if it’s in your head or u have a connection with it. You just assume someone probably already posted it? Especially in today’s world, where everyone is getting their information all at once & from one piece of tech. People say that nonstop on mixtape Monday & I’m always like yeah…pop 2-3 off the top of my head & say the same thing. Would be all day. I just use the very 1st two that pop into my head. I would be in trouble if I went back for a better song. Beyond multiple times I’ve posted my first 2 then thought of a perfect one later, but I just leave it alone. Cuz I know I’d be doing it every time if I did it once. I completely understand where you’re coming from tho. People say it constantly on here & rightfully so…

3 Likes

I’m gonna make this post a wiki for all the dc references in The Big Bang Theory. Feel free to add any you have.

Big Bang Theory

3 Likes

Elvis- π‚π€ππ“π€πˆπ πŒπ€π‘π•π„π‹ 𝐉𝐑 & ,π‚π€ππ“π€πˆπ πŒπ€π‘π•π„π‹ π‚πŽπŒπˆπ‚,- π‘πŽπ‚πŠ πŽπ… π„π“π„π‘ππˆπ“π˜- π˜πŽπ”ππ† π„π‹π•πˆπ’ π–πˆπ“π‡ π…π‘π„π„πŒπ€π π‹πˆπ†π‡π“ππˆππ† ππŽπ‹π“ /π–πŽπŽπƒπ„π ππ„π‚πŠπ‹π€π‚π„.

4 Likes

Last Week Tonight: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππ„ππ†π”πˆπ.

3 Likes

Shaq: (documentary on HBO Max) π’π”ππ„π‘πŒπ€π 𝐇𝐀𝐓. 𝐅𝐀𝐍. π–πˆπ“π‡ π’π”ππ„π‘πŒπ€π π’π‡πˆπ‘π“/ πŽπ”π“π…πˆπ“.

3 Likes