DC References in Other Properties

First Bane broke bats back, then he’s got “The Thing” standing on him in there!?

5 Likes

Welcome to Wrexham: 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐍. Necklace.

3 Likes

Welcome to Wrexham: 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐍, R𝐎𝐁𝐈𝐍, & 𝐁𝐀𝐓-𝐒𝐘𝐌𝐁𝐎𝐋 stickers.

4 Likes

Welcome to Wrexham: 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍.

4 Likes

Just saw an episode of Bob’s Burgers. It was a Thanksgiving episode, where Bob was cooking a big meal for senior home. He was trying to convince Louise to help him by letting her use a cooking tool to burn the marshmallows on the sweet potato casserole, by calling her “Captain Casserole”.

In the end credits, Louise was wearing a cape, and singing about being “Captain Casserole” but the background was the rainbow background used in the Super Friends into, and the lettering copied the Super Friends text.

4 Likes

That’s awesome!!! I don’t know how I missed that one? I started it the day it debuted. I was an Archer, & H. Jon Benjamin fan, & I saw the promos for it. I usually stick around for the songs at the end cuz they’re hilarious!!! But, I didn’t for that one. I remember that episode. In fairness tho, I might’ve looked right at it & just not made the connection. Posted like it is there’s no way I’d not see that? I grew up with it as my 1st exposure to comics. That’s a great find!!!

3 Likes

Hiya Capo! Not to go off-topic, but isn’t Bob’s Burgers hysterical? I hadn’t seen this episode before, but like you, I wait for the songs at the end. I remember the episode with the water balloon fight, they closed with one of my fave 80s songs, “99 Red Balloons”. Although, I prefer the German version.

4 Likes

Nena yes indeed. One of the best beats ever laid down. I used to like hearing 99 Luftballoons for a change. But, just recently when I do my music marathons- I noticed it will only play the German version (Luftballoons)? It used to be the opposite on Amazon music. I just push the mic button & say play this. I’d been wanting to hear it so I tried saying & typing 99 red balloons, & even when it successfully searched for it, it’d play Luftballoons lol. Now I’m like, can I hear the English version. Now I know how other countries feel when it comes to music. Sorry, that lead off took me off path. Yes, Bobs Burgers is awesome & hilarious. I love Kristen Schaal too, & I was just watching The Last Man On Earth (catching up cuz I’d never seen it at that time) & Archer. So I was like ok. Love H Jon, Schaal is in this. Going to like this!!! I can’t believe how many celebrities do voiceovers on the episodes too. Another reason I always hang around at the end. The only regular character I knew b4 the credits was Sarah Silverman but idk her Sister was the other half of Ollie & Andy, until the credits. Love Jenny Slate too. She’s one most people probably know but not by name. Anyways, definitely agree!!! The show is amazing from start to finish literally…

4 Likes

It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia: Sweet Dee as 𝑾𝑶𝑵𝑫𝑬𝑹 𝑾𝑶𝑴𝑨𝑵.

4 Likes

Facing Nolan: 𝑺𝑼𝑷𝑬𝑹𝑴𝑨𝑵.

4 Likes

SNL: 𝐉𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐑.

3 Likes

SNL: 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐌.

3 Likes

The Guest Book: 𝐁𝐀𝐓-𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐀𝐋.

3 Likes

It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia: 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐍.

3 Likes

Family Guy: 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐘 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐍.

4 Likes

Browns Monday Night Football on Halloween: 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐄 & 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐍 might be another companies character in there on a few too, I sense it…

4 Likes

Blockbuster: 𝗖𝗛𝗟𝗢𝗘 & 𝗦𝗠𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗩𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗘.

4 Likes

SNL: 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐍, 𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐈𝐍, 𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐔𝐈𝐍 & 𝐆𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐌.

4 Likes

Last Week Tonight: ᏴᎪᎢᏩᏆᎡᏞ.

5 Likes

Last Week Tonight: 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐍.

6 Likes