DC or Marvel

Justice League Vs. Fatal Five and Reign of the Supermen came out in 2019, that is current.

2 Likes

but its not DCEU its DCAU

1 Like

The DCAU is the peak of superheroes on TV.

3 Likes

we werent counting animation

1 Like

Then Batman Returns is the best superhero movie ever, followed by Batman followed by Spider-Man.

3 Likes

You ever read Francesco Francavilla’s Black Beetle? Very good pulpy adventure series. When I first read it, I thought “Christ, what do we even need Batman for when this guy is so much better at the same thing?”

Anyway, I generally prefer DC over Marvel, fitting in nicely to the massive 95:5 ratio of DC fans over Marvel fans. It wouldn’t surprise me to learn that a Marvel centric community would probably have the opposite ratio…

But I do like Marvel. I just like DC a lot more. I was considering getting Marvel Unlimited this year though.

2 Likes

DC by about a 16,000 to 3600 comic margin.

I think Spider-Man and Captain America are the only two Marvel characters that can crack my top 50.

3 Likes

Better than me. Spider-Man is the only Marvel character who makes my top 50.

2 Likes

Yeah, I checked out Black Beetle at my library. It was pretty cool. I also really like Francavilla’s art.

If you like older comics, DCUniverse and Marvel Unlimited are both worth having, IMHO.

3 Likes

My only regret with DCUI is the incompleteness of the archives. Most comics I read are over 20 years old, but the further you go back, the bigger the holes get. I keep hanging on tho, hoping for the day when DCUI actually IS “infinite”…

But, er, I digress!

5 Likes

I hate marvel because they steal so many DC characters and change a few things about them , also the villains are just different versions of the heroes for example wolverine and saber tooth , abomination and hulk and captain America and red skull

2 Likes

Ant Man and Yellow Jacket.

1 Like

Yeah, like Superman and Bizzaro, Flash and Reverse Flash, Green Lantern and Sinestro… wait, that’s us.

4 Likes

Big difference between arch villain and other villain with Superman. That is also why Bizarro should breath fire and have freeze vision.

I miss when Grodd was Flash’s arch enemy.

2 Likes

True, Marvel’s definitely ripped off characters from DC, but if we’re being completely honest, DC’s done the same to Marvel. Wasp and Bumblebee, Namor and Aquaman, Hulk and Damage (New Age of Heroes), etc. And like @SuperBlueGrodd pointed out, having villains w/ similar powers as the heroes is more of a general comics thing as opposed to a DC or Marvel thing. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll always love DC more, but I’ve still got plenty of love for Marvel, too, and I don’t see why fans have to choose 1 or the other (except w/ this poll, of course)

5 Likes

I also have a subscription to Marvel Unlimited.

Lately I’ve got the feeling that Marvel is no longer about telling good and engaging stories, but rather educating readers and fighting racism. Of course, the fight against racism is right and necessary, but it should not come at the expense of a compelling story.

DC thankfully also turns against racism in the comics and introduces more representative and diverse characters. However, I find that the anti-racism and the characters are well and organically woven into the entertaining and engaging stories so that the comics don’t come across as preaching and boring as the modern Marvel comics.

That’s why I’m currently favoring DC comics.

5 Likes

I grew up reading Marvel’s X-Men, but I’m a DC man through and through. Emphasis on all things Kryptonian.

3 Likes