DC Needs to Stop Glorifying Harley and Joker's "Romance" – Especially on Valentine's Day

Yah cause i mean he really did not have a main partner or attraction

1 Like

Sorry but she was reimagined in a bad way in my opinion. She should have become an equal to joker actually making them the best bad couple. They gave punchline the future Harley should have had.

3 Likes

Harley is a million times more popular than Punchline will ever be. Besides, after the constant abuse she suffered at Joker’s hands, it feels much more satisfying to have her craft her own legacy instead of just continuing to be w/ him

9 Likes

100% agree & my 20-something daughter HATES anything that puts Joker and Harley together. Harley both as a character and as a money making property has evolved so far beyond the Joker it makes no sense for either the character/merch you sell to regurgitate Joker/Harley

11 Likes

Honestly, Punchline isn’t a bad character but she is still in a toxic relationship with Joker. It’s different from Harley but it’s still super toxic.

I can appreciate the independence that Punchline sort of has as Joker’s Second in Command. She is a strong character in her own right. She basically re-created the Joker Gas on her own. She’s brilliant but decided that Joker was who she wanted to be like.

But they really just need to get away from Joker taking advantage of younger girls who idolize him. It’s creepy and not a good image to be spreading, DC.

8 Likes

Joker has been physically abusive towards Harley many times (that description itself may be a sugar-coating: He tried to kill her) and you threatened to cancel your DC subscription when Tim Drake came out. That was 7 months ago and you’re still here. So with all due respect… We will never agree on LGBTQ+ characters, and apparently we won’t agree on straight relationships either.

6 Likes

I agree that DC has plenty of great heterosexual relationships (you forgot Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle and Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris), but I think your message may have come across a little skewed. You’re putting a little too much emphasis on the other straight relationships than their censorship of Harlivy. But it’s tough to correctly balance two different points in a social media post.

4 Likes

Progressively younger children, too, I think.

Dick Grayson - Claimed he took the oath at age eight, but usually depicted in probably his late teens or as an adult (Nightwing)
Jason Todd - I think mid-teens
Tim Drake - 16 years old as of The New 52, having just recently moved on
Stephanie Brown - Who the ■■■■ knows
Damian Wayne - Been a part of the Batman Family since at least age eight, 14 years old when he left (Spoiler: Batman: Wayne Family Adventures, Robin)
Maps Mizoguchi - In the immortal words of Heinz Doofenshmirtz, “I don’t know, one? Two? It’s hard to tell with the eye patch.”

3 Likes

I know, the revelation in DC’s Very Merry Multiverse is heartbreaking.

2 Likes

With all due respect… NO.

4 Likes

Disagree, but an interesting plot for an alternate reality storyline.

2 Likes

Carrie was 13 when she joined me.

4 Likes

^ The future Harley would’ve had if she’d have stayed with the Joker. Also the future Punchline can look forward to.

12 Likes

Nah

3 Likes

One last dance with Mary Jane

2 Likes

Nothing really progressively younger in that list

3 Likes

Happy DCUniverssary @drewzirocks.3500!!!

3 Likes

I’ve had a change of heart and I agree only men can be psycho so stop glorifying crazy women there not a real thing so it doesn’t belong in an imaginary story that shouldn’t be taken seriously…

2 Likes

:0_harley_quinn: :0_poison_ivy_tas: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

‘Stop glorifying Joker and Harley’ doesn’t mean women can’t be supervillains.

Here, take your pick-

Cheetah

Queen Bee
Korllian~4

Talia al Ghul

Livewire
superman-the-animated-series-livewire

Lady Shiva

Star Sapphire
Star_Sapphire_008~2

Giganta
6609012-326fbf9393e684659ee0d86ccaa497a2~2

Phantasm

Medusa

Cheshire

Circe
Circe

Killer Frost

Veronica Cale

Granny Goodness

Siren
29a38b6a144283c5b7ffd9c401fa555f6b5560d2da95a23dbd29f542e2f4b830

Magenta

Emerald Empress

Silver Banshee
SilverBanshee-575x330

Etc etc.

But as characters, Harley and Ivy are past this.

9 Likes