DC Needs to Stop Glorifying Harley and Joker's "Romance" – Especially on Valentine's Day

It’s really shameful to see DC promoting Harley and Joker together in a positive light, especially today of all days. Between this Instagram video and highlighting a kiss between them on their YouTube page, it’s upsetting to see the definition of a toxic romance being showcased like it’s a normal, healthy one. Everyone knows how abusive Joker is toward Harley, and yet you could never tell just from looking at these posts. I’m all for highlighting Harley, but she has a perfectly wonderful romance w/ Ivy that’s being neglected in favor of the man who’s always physically and emotionally abusive in this relationship. I get that it’s an important, though still unfortunate, part of Harley’s character development, but there’s a big difference between recognizing the necessity of it for her story and celebrating it like this

35 Likes

If I could love this post I would.

I agree with everything you said. Thank you for saying it!

10 Likes

Harley and Ivy are ideal for each other and are the greatest couple in comics.

15 Likes

They need to quit glorifying Quinn.

4 Likes

That’s really not the issue here. Besides, she’s still an amazing character, so nah

9 Likes

@arkhamassassin Agree. It’s part of her past, so I know it’ll always be there, and I’m okay w/ that, but she has a perfectly perfect relationship w/ Ivy :green_heart: That’s the one they need to go with if they want to market “love” on a day like this, rather than forcing Harley to regress by glorifying an abusive relationship (and trying to validate Joker w/ the love of a woman he :100: doesn’t deserve). Should’ve done something w/ Joker & Batman today. Would’ve been more honest and funnier, imo.

Ps. :metal: Harley & Ivy forever! :00_harlivy:

15 Likes

Dear @Mae :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::00_harlivy:

11 Likes

7 Likes

I ship Joker and Batman a million times more than I’ll ever ship Joker and Harley. That’s the true romance there :heart:

12 Likes

“Be still my heart.”

4 Likes

Same!

9 Likes

I hate him most. There is nothing wrong with him I cannot fix with my hands.

4 Likes

:grin:Sorry I really like Joker and Harley’s Romance, in my point of view, Harley and Ivy are just good friends. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I miss the days back when Poisen Ivy was just evil

9 Likes

I always saw the Joker as asexual

7 Likes

Ummm…

Yep, this is very “friendly” behavior

15 Likes

7 Likes

He is purely interested in me.

3 Likes

He likes to push your buttons. He’s a nut job.

3 Likes

Well, I guess Batman is a nut job as well. Soooo…

Made for each other. :two_hearts: :joy::rofl::joy:

5 Likes