DC Movie Hot Takes

This^^^ :raised_hands: :+1:

2 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like

It’s a pump and dump, an assembly line. I recall an executive producer from 20th Century Fox putting it best, as a studio we set out to make a release date and not a motion-picture.

2 Likes

Let’s also remember that the whole Marvel phase whatever was an assembly line styled experience as well. I was making this point the other day that I think moviegoers have reached an exhaustion point with this style of movie release scheduling.

Another thing that continues to bother me- why is crossing over TV/streaming arena based characters with the feature film based characters STILL a tabu? Frankly, it would’ve been fun to see some sort of nod to the Stargirl CWverse show in the Black Adam movie. When Grant Gustin and Miller met up in the CWverse’s Crisis thingy it was a fun surprise. I keep hearing about how universe building needs to take place before a solid slate of JL themed films can be launched- welp, it seems to me that with all of the DC live action content we still have in rotation a large portion of that universe building has already taken place.

1 Like

What is odd is how established fans ask for this build-up crap. Like, we need to build up to Doomsday before he kills Superman. Why? You already know the story, how does this effect you? LOL More and more I am DONE with this shared universe crap. The Batman was awesome. So was The Joker. Need I say more? LOL

2 Likes

I also enjoyed Battle of the Super Sons. Jon and Damian’s interaction was similar to their Rebirth series, and using Starro as the big bad was a good choice. A worthy addition to the animated library.

2 Likes

Several:

• Steel was good. Not great granted but good.

• Green Lantern wasn’t as bad as people say it was.

• I don’t like Snyder but I think some things from BvS and JL were good, Most people like it or dislike it universally. (Affleck would make a great B:TDKR Batman.)

• I’m not going to like or even watch something just because my favorite character makes an appearance. It will help granted but finding out that Batman makes a post credit appearance in a Hello Kitty meets Freddy Kruger movie directed by JJ Abrams is not going to make me watch it and it certainly won’t make me like it.

• I couldn’t care less about DC’s plans for movies because they have completely desensitized me. Plans mean nothing, release a trailer and I’ll care.

• People know who these characters are. There is no need to “set up” a shared universe. Just drop one on us or keep making all these stand alones. I’m good with either.

• Mystery of The Batwoman was good. Yeah. Look that one up. :musical_note: Betcha’ Neva, betcha neva :musical_note:

4 Likes

I’d watch it.

3 Likes

1 Like

Awww, yeah, Son. I’d watch it and buy a large popcorn.

Even though I hate lens flare, I would show up for this!

2 Likes

Bet I did. It was okay.

3 Likes

I agree on all 3 of these

2 Likes

There was a lot to like about it. The special FX were great. Especially when GL was on Planet OA. But his use of the ring against the bad guys was underwhelming to me. BTW, the coffee table book on “The Art of The Green Lantern” which had a lot of pre-production sketches and stills from the movie is pretty awesome. :gl_hv_2: :0_lc_green_lantern_recharge: :00_lc_green_lantern1: :00_lc_green_lantern:

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t understand with people. I saw someone say Doomsday needed a 10 film build-up. WTF is next ‘Oh no Lois Lane needs her own movie so people know who she is before we put her in the new Superman movie’

3 Likes

YES :raised_hands: Completely agreed with all of this. A ten film build-up to Doomsday? :eyes: Wut? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Right? Exactly! It’s f’ing Doomsday?!?!?! Only the real die-hard Superman DC fans can even recount Doomsday’s origin and can catalogue all the different takes on him, like Smallville for example. Plus, outside of The Death of Superman, even die hards know not of his other stories or just do not care, lol.

3 Likes

Oh, and BTW- this woman REALLY had her some Chewbacca thirst. :flushed: :eyes: Just sayin’.

2 Likes

I barely remember it. Need a gif about being brave and that one doubled as referencing JJ Abrams. Hated that movie, hated that trilogy. Yeah. Burning passion. I do not use the word hate lightly.

3 Likes

Right? I mean, if they do the build up thing (which should only be three films MAX) do them around Brainiac, not frickin’ Doomsday.

2 Likes

:laughing:
“You must be so brave. You know, I have a marvelous selection of brushes and shampoos on my ship . . .” :upside_down_face:

2 Likes