DC Movie Hot Takes

I’d be okay with your moratorium if we still get quality series like Watchmen, Titans and Peacemaker. Reinforce prestige for DC on TV and the demand for big movies will follow.

2 Likes

So what’s a “tentpole movie”? Does that mean they can still make Shazams and Blue Beetles, but not Superman?

I don’t think we’re exactly swimming in content at the cinemas. 2016 and 2017 were about the only time in history where there was one big DC film coming out within 6 months of another. It’s not that they are making them too fast, but that they sometimes proceed without having a good enough script or settling for directors with poor track records.

1 Like

Very much so. :+1:

A movie designed to be apart of franchise - to prop up a string of other movies in constant secession, and is more spectacle than substance.

2 Likes

Kinda like Wakanda Forever, in wanting to make this Iron Heart spin-off and propping up Namor.

2 Likes

Battle of the Super Sons. The plot is a little predictable. In fact, it was a lot like the Super Pets. But Damian and Jon’s relationship was fun. They’re like Bruce and Clark in Jr. High. I smiled the whole time.

2 Likes

George Clooney COULD be a good Batman. I hate to deal with counterfactuals but I cannot help but truly believe this.

I wish I could find this, but this was years ago! In an interview, upon getting the role he admitted he knew nothing of Batman, superheroes, comics, at least nothing of any real substance. Much like how people back then knew Batman as in they knew the old TV show but that’s it. They knew they didn’t know anything really important or in-depth of the character. Clooney goes to Schumacher for support - asking for advice, who is Batman, what does he do, what does he want, ya know, looking for direction! Schumacher just shook his head and said oh don’t worry just be your George Clooney-self.

That is TERRIBLE direction. Imagine getting the role of some historical dictator and the director says skip the research and just be yourself. George’s been nominated three times at best actor. He even won best supporting actor. Maybe this is unfair for almost all of his good work comes AFTER 1997, but at the same time this was his first big motion picture. I’d almost compare it to Battinson and people complaining with him and Twilight. You gotta start out somewhere, right? And critics and people actually watch film, liked all of his post-Twilight stuff.

Worst Batman? No, for he wasn’t even Batman, he was just George Clooney in a Batman suit.

2 Likes

If that is accurate Schumacher bent over a pooch

1 Like

The Super Sons movie should have ditched Jonathon entirely.

1 Like

Okay. Why?

1 Like

He stank up all his scenes and just wasted time with his side plots. It should have been a Damian and Batcow team up movie. That might have salvaged it.

1 Like

Technically not a Super Sons movie then, lol.

2 Likes

Exactly, a movie about a heroic cow who saves the world.

2 Likes

What do you call it then?

1 Like

Bat-Cow and her Human Servant

3 Likes

Mask of The Phantasm is over-rated. Best Batman film? I mean, sure it got a theatrical release, but in the end is more of a long t.v. episode. Good, no doubt.

3 Likes

I think that would have been a disaster unless as a pure comedy

1 Like

It is a drama.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen the most convincing DCEU couple isn’t in the movies but…
in Peacemaker

Haven’t seen Aquaman.
And by most convincing I mean everything involving: build up, chemistry, consistency, etc.

1 Like

The new Captain Marvel movie will be very divisive amongst us. Either a great dramatic work or not comedic enough. Is is better than first film? We will get in many great debates about it.

1 Like

I’m going to get on my soapbox AND put a couple pennies in the collection plate before saying that Joker is not a good movie.

Technically well made, good acting, direction and everything else, but a mediocre at best white dude gets the adulation of the masses for one very evil act.

I see this all the time irl. Don’t need to go to the movies to see it.

2 Likes