DC Movie Hot Takes

:rofl:

1 Like

Same.

3 Likes

Black Adam was just okay.

3 Likes

I do not think that is a hot take. Seems more like a lukewarm take.

5 Likes

I’m going to be insufferable for a moment you have been warned.

2 Likes

You’ve earned it

2 Likes

Not a bad idea for a project.

1 Like

Giving this a go with something near and dear to me.

The Authority movie
Keiynan Lonsdale as Midnighter
Colton Haynes as Apollo
Bill Skarsgård as Jack Hawksmoor
Harry Styles as The Doctor
Liu Yifei as Swift
Hannah John-Kamen as Jenny Sparks
Alicia Vikander as Angela Spica
Lewis Tan as Kaizen Gamorra

I liked this cast when I thought of it, still works, but might need more star power.

2 Likes

GL is 100% overhated, also a hot take of mine is Henry Cavill’s Superman wasn’t good. That’s almost entirely because of Snyder’s portrayl and I think Cavill could have done an incredible job with a better written character, but I do think he’s overated as Supes. Seems like a great guy though :superman: :thumbs_up_batman:

2 Likes

For me Ben Affleck as B-Man was incredibly boring and unchallenging to watch. He portrayed the sum total of zero of Bruce/B-Man’s traits correctly and his casting was simply becuz of Zack Snyder needing some marquee value for his JLA cast. Clooney had more authentic onscreen moments in the mantle than Affleck had, and that’s saying something. And no- Affleck does not have any geek cred coming to him just because he’s Kevin Smith’s friend.

4 Likes

I agree on Cavill

1 Like

Clooney definitely had the charisma.

2 Likes

Agreed. The scenework he did with Michael Gough (Alfred when he had McGreggors Syndrome) were solid and had some wonderful moments in them as well.

2 Likes

What she said, but replace Ben Affleck with Robert Pattinson :joy:

1 Like

Agreed 100!

1 Like

You’re both wrong. If someone is boring, I gotta say Keaton, but probably because Burton gave him so little to do, as Burton never read a comic and honestly has no interest in Batman. Just like how his Alice in Wonderland had more Mad Hatter. Honestly, he could make George Washington the movie, and the more screen time would go to his wife or Alexander Hamilton.

1 Like

Can we all at least agree that Adam West was the LEAST boring Batman?

4 Likes

Ummm hell yeah. As Adam West put it best once, “Why doesn’t Batman dance anymore?”

3 Likes

Nah, we’re all right although we have conflicting takes on the matter. Personal taste kinda works that way :slightly_smiling_face:.

6 Likes

I know I cannot go off the trailer but Shazam 2 looks so meh. Like some generic, summer blockbuster filler. And I LIKED the first one.

1 Like