DC Movie Hot Takes

I liked it and would like to see Ayer’s version

ditto

It was disappointing

Personally, I Thought the Green Lantern Movie Was Great!
I Was Looking Forward Too A Sequel!
In the Sequel I Was Hoping Too See Sinestro as the Villain!

Also I Was Hoping For Hawk Man Movie, Dr. Fate Movie, Elongated Man Movie, Zatanna Zatara Movie, Giovanni Zatara Movie with Sindella Zatara,
Swamp Thing Movie, The Demon Etrigan Movie!

I Think All of Those Movies Would Do Great!
Especially Hawk Man with His Wife Hawk Woman!
I Think Hawk Man Should Be In Justice League Movies!

Also, A Justice Society of America Live Action Movie!
More J.S.A. Animated Movies!
Original Flash and Original Green Lantern Movies!

3 Likes

Actually I never had a problem with “Green Lantern”. It was pretty close to the original storyline and with the exception of his attempts to be funny Ryan Reynolds wasn’t too bad. Now “Steel” stunk on ice and Halle Berry’s “Catwoman” was garbage and I have always felt that none of the Batman movies of the 90s were meant to be taken seriously. Now the two “Wonder Woman” movies were more confusing then bad. Why have her in WWI when she was supposed to pop up in WWII? That’s when you had evil Germans. And why was the second movie set in the 80s? There didn’t seem to be an reason for it. To be honest I have always felt that when it comes to movies and tv shows DC leads in animation.

2 Likes

I actually really didn’t mind the Green Lantern movie, and liked it for what it is, I just had super high hopes that it would start an amazing Star Wars or Guardians of the Galaxy level sci-fi franchise, and it didn’t live up to that (obviously). Also it’s apparently scared so many people from doing anything related to Green Lantern, which is sad.

2 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

You are right, it could have been so much better. I think that is the main problem. Green Lantern is an exciting character. As a boy I loved reading his comic as he fought badguys in outer space or worked with the Justice League. It is the fact they could have done so much with this and they did a lackadaisical job that has everyone upset by it.

3 Likes

The Dark Knight Rises was solid, and my favorite of the Bale trilogy. I admittedly do not have a lot of love for any of them.

Please don’t hit me.

1 Like

Wasn’t happy that they went so realistic.

2 Likes

No

Well at least I can get behind your 1st point, so you’re safe :laughing:

Huh? The entire trilogy is famous for being super gritty and realistic. If anything, Rises was the least realistic of the 3

1 Like

Why should movies based on comics do well when realistic?

2 Likes

Wait, in your initial comment, were you talking about Rises specifically going realistic or how the entire Dark Knight trilogy was super realistic? I initially assumed you meant the former, but now I realize I might’ve gotten that mixed up

1 Like

the later, not saying they weren’t good movies, just a bit thrown off because they were realistic, in the novelization of “Batman Begins” there was almost a reference to the Lazarus pits; but nothing in the movie

2 Likes

Gotcha. That’s my bad for misunderstanding, sorry about that

As for your actual argument, I do love the gritty and realistic tone of the Dark Knight trilogy, but because I think it’s done spectacularly well for those movies specifically. I’m not gonna love a movie, comic book or otherwise, just because it’s super gritty. Like anything else it still has to be executed well, and there are plenty of examples of super dark movies like those that don’t have nearly the same quality

1 Like

I actually really dislike Christian Bale. So much. He’s in so many movies (The Fighter) that I would’ve liked minus his presence. I almost never get a bad vibe from actors to the degree that I just don’t want to see them in things. I suspect that had more to do with my negative views of Nolan’s trilogy than anything else.

1 Like

Here’s a hot take that actually relates to the current discussion. The Dark Knight trilogy isn’t that realistic, and it also doesn’t have to be. As Stanley Kubrick once said, “you’re not trying to capture reality, you’re trying to capture a photograph of reality.”. Even though the Dark Knight trilogy has some level of believability, I don’t believe it’s trying to capture reality, but the photograph of the reality.

2 Likes

I can’t really fault you for that. I do really like his performance but I’m not like a huge fan of his or anything. Those movies are also the only ones of his I’ve seen, or at least they will be until Love and Thunder in a couple weeks

Even though all of this stuff could conceivably happen in real life, these are still movies about a grown man dressing up as a bat, so I can’t really argue much against this :laughing:

1 Like

I love cosplaying as a giant bat.

I mean…

I think the Burton films addressed the silliness of it all perfectly.

“Can somebody tell me what kind of a world we live in, where a man dressed up as a bat gets all of my press? This town needs an enema!”

4 Likes

I share @Kon-El-Prime’s sentiment to a degree. I think the Dark Knight trilogy are very well made movies, but only ok as Batman movies. There’s something sterile about them that’s far removed from Batman & Gotham. Yeah I know, all the major elements are there, but that version of the character just doesn’t feel like Batman to me. Plus the rewatch value is pretty low for me.

2 Likes

Did anybody think the Pattinson Batman movie unnecessarily dark? And I don’t mean in tone, I mean just flat-out: isn’t it ever daytime here? Or, does it ever stop raining?

4 Likes