DC-Marvel Crossover - It's Time, Give Your Ideas

I’ve been prompted by a Newsarama article calling for a new DC-Marvel comic crossover event as a way to help local comic shops recover from the economic hit they are taking. In addition to more immediate relief they can offer the stores, I think this is a great idea and a way for the publishers to help their primary physical distributors. Yes, there’s probably corporate obstacles to doing this, but they pale in comparison to the need. If DC and Marvel want to get it done, they can. So, what would be your ideas for the DC-Marvel comic event? Is it a big event, a series of team-ups, and grand space opera?

9 Likes

Well Doomsday Clock already gave it the perfect name - Secret Crisis

10 Likes

Batman vs Moon Knight vs Daredevil is what I want to see.

5 Likes

That’s right. You do Secret Crisis and have tie-in team-ups

7 Likes

Who punches Moon Knight first? Cuz that guy would drive Bruce and Matt a little nuts.

4 Likes

If I’m remember it right Marvel has its own little universe in the multiverses. So we can use the Metal storyline to attack Marvel and then Marvel come to DC Earth1; the misunderstanding fights happen then they team up to go against The Batman who laughs, Marvel villains, and DC villains. They team up fighting Individual villains (as tie ins for other books) they then might loose a couple heroes. Fight Batman who laughs with the new dark universe marvel villain. DC and marvel barely win the War . Have an epilogue book showing them working together to put things the way they were but knowing nothing will ever be the same!

5 Likes

One thing I’ll say is that if this happens, then it’s time to republish the old Marvel/DC crossovers. It’s criminal how hard they are to find now.

13 Likes

That’s one big expansive story

4 Likes

Right, and you could get those in stores even sooner to help and gain interest for the upcoming crossover

6 Likes

I feel like bruce has the quicker temper, I’m going with him lol

3 Likes

All I hope for is that Venom and Wolverine make the cut. And hopefully some symbiote fun with the DC characters

4 Likes

Please no more BWL. Your overall idea is good but please no more BWL.

3 Likes

Batman/Wolverine: Fun in the Sun! A return to the swimsuit issues of the 1990s as everyone’s favorite long-eared superheroes enjoy some rays, some waves, and some babes! It’ll be radical, dude!

6 Likes

If we’re talking symbiotes, Jaime Blue Beetle would be a fun add, completely different kind of character

4 Likes

I can definitely see a vision/red tornado fight.

Is anyone else bothered that Green Arrow’s bow is practically going into Aqua Man’s mouth?

2 Likes

Here’s my pitch. Ultron and Brainiac have fused, creating an artificial intelligence powerful enough to merge the DC and Marvel universes. This causes massive problems for the new universe, as Mutants like the X-Men and Amazons from Themyscira enter each other’s worlds for the first time. The Avengers and the JLA have to deal with the ramifications of the merge, as well as find a way to defeat Ultron-Brainiac. This opens the door for a number of team-ups. Here are some I had in mind:

• Deadpool and Deathstroke
  • Suicide Squad and Thunderbolts
  • Green Lantern Corps and Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Red Hood versus Winter Soldier
4 Likes

Daredevil/Martian Manhunter.

It doesn’t have to be one of the obvious choices to be a good one.

4 Likes

@FerroLad Redhood and Winter Soldier is a must
@RufusPentecost the unexpected crossovers can be the great surprises of crossovers. Everyone wants Spider-Man and Superman, me among them, but try Champions and Suicide Squad
I say keep the Marvel vs DC at a minimum based on characters where it makes sense.

2 Likes

@FerroLad I’m sorry to tell you they already did something like that in the late 90s image

3 Likes

I know. I’ve read it. I have all four issues.

2 Likes