DC Mafia Games Presents - The Long Halloween

Okay, how so? Wouldn’t Holiday just go after Calendar Man as soon as Calendar Man accuses them? This is a more specific version of my original concern about Calendar Man’s powers. So Calendar Man could use their power the next night to confirm that Holiday is coming after them, but it’s night. Calendar Man can’t ask for help, so no one saves them. Calendar Man dies. Granted, I can’t say for certain what Holiday will do, but is there any other reason it wouldn’t necessarily play out that way?

Well, obviously. That’s not the concern, though. The concern is that it’s a game, so the object is to win. It seems like those particular can only make that harder, not easier, so I’m just trying to understand how I’m wrong about that, because I must be.

Has that always been the case? I would think you wouldn’t know whether you wanted to use that power until the day vote was already in progress because you wouldn’t want to waste it if the vote wasn’t close enough for it to change the outcome.

Oh, wow! I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to add to your streak! I hope you’ve gotten on a more regular sleep schedule since. And sorry for the tone of this post. I just got in an argument with someone, so some of that may have seeped in here, and I’m too tired to edit it. Rest (seriously, get some rest) assured that I greatly appreciate all the work you put in around here.

9 Likes

Sorry to hear about the problems you two are having.

8 Likes

The VPN it would seem has to have a US connection, the one I was using previously is a VPN through the Opera web browser which just says “Americas” so that could be what is causing the issue. Either that or Opera needs reinstalling.

I’m writing this on my PC using a free version of Tunnel Bear which has 3 US connections, and it’s working for now. Unfortunately it only has a 500mb limit per month!?!

7 Likes

Depends on how it plays out I can’t predict the outcome. But it could go either yes holiday goes after them the next night but it could also go as the person who is calendar man could be protected. At least that’s how I always thought of it.

Yes, this is how it’s always been done. the person picks the night before who they want to double vote for, for the day vote.

It’s alright! I got some sleep!!

9 Likes

Okay guys since the start date is nearly here I am putting up a poll to see which two characters get booted off. These three were just the ones that I added after the fact. Any way you can pick 2 and see who you think should go.

• Gilda Dent - The Good Wife. If Harvey is killed she ends up dying as well. She is also able to get one double vote before her death.
  • Salvatore Maroni - The Boss. He is able to either kill one player at night or protect one player at night. This ability can be used twice. (One for each).
  • Renee Montoya - The Good Cop. She is able to either protect a player or learn a player’s identity. This can be used twice.

0 voters

10 Likes

Voted.

8 Likes

@Bladexoxo, I may have resolved my PC issue. I’ll know in the morning if everything is back working. If not, I do have a back-up plan to try, and still have my mobile and iPad working for now.
Looking forward to a fun game…

8 Likes

It’s okay! I am not exactly sure which VPN is better to use for DCUI or any free ones I know Nord VPN but I don’t know if it’s free or not. I’m not good with VPNs as I haven’t used one besides tunnel bear and that was to get Japanese apps onto my phone lol

8 Likes

Cool, just wanted to keep you in the loop. Didn’t want you to go to all this work, for me to just disappear and leave you high and dry with no explanation.

I tried the ‘free’ version on Tunnel Bear but it only comes with a 500mb per month allowance. I used 20mb fairly fast, so figured I’d burn through the allowance pretty quickly.
Most VPN’s ‘claim’ to be free, but in fact have a free 7 day trial… And as much as I like visiting and interacting on the DCUI, I’m not willing to pay for a VPN just for that.

9 Likes

The poll is curious. The results are intriguing… hmmm

Almost October y’all!

9 Likes

@mercurie80 has only registered 1 vote, instead of 2. That’s why there are 10 voters and 19 votes.

9 Likes

As I write this, it’s 19.21 on October 1st, so almost the 2nd of October for me…

10 Likes

@Reaganfan78 I need to send you your role for the game. It says you aren’t taking any messages?? I’m also not able to get you into the Day voting PM

10 Likes

ALso if I have missed assigning you your role PM me and I will send it over!

11 Likes

Sorry about that, I hope it works now, I’ve been trying to fix it for the last 20 minutes.:slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

I’m might miss the start of the game because I have work soon :disappointed:

10 Likes

Who wants to join me and my Chaos Faction? up is down. biscuits are great. logic wrong. And fun is to be had! Join me and we’ll turn this game on it’s head!!

10 Likes

Sounds fun

8 Likes

It’s going to great!

step one!
no plans!

distract anyone from making plans! tear any plans made to shreds! we act on first impulse!

(does this count as a plan? Do I destroy my own plan to destroy plans? if this plan is destroyed then am I free to make a new plan to destroy plans?)

9 Likes

Biscuit Mob?

9 Likes