DC Introducing Wonder Woman's Daughter Trinity

Whither Lyta?

“What am I, chopped liver?”

Somewhere, Roy Thomas is weeping quietly…

9 Likes

Oh, it isn’t that he did a bad job. I usually love his works. I was just interested in a series that was different from some of the others has written before. And I was thinking about Batman/Catwoman, Mister Miracle/Big Barda, etc. The stories never centered on the romance, but the love story was an important part of the storyline.

I am also just guessing off of this one announcement, I have no idea what this series is going to be. I am still excited to read it and I will definitely read it.

5 Likes

I’m very intrigued! Tom King is pretty hit or miss with me, but I look forward to reading it. I like the reddish hair a lot. I guess it could just be the lighting…

5 Likes

Part of me wants her to be made out of clay so we can avoid the “who’s the father” question. Reminds me of that Jessica Drew run over at Marvel where there was also this discourse about who the father of her baby was. Who her father is should be the LEAST interesting thing about her.

4 Likes

I thought wonder womans father was zeus

3 Likes

I’m all for this! If Batman can have like 13 different Robins and Batgirls… And Superman has a stable of Superboys and Supergirls… Then Wonder Woman should also have a full expanded family.

The more Wonders the better. I wouldn’t mind seeing more Amazon family books and more crossovers like the Trial of the Amazons.

5 Likes

In the New 52 he was but in others she’s made of clay. I was referring to Trinity though in my last post. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I thought zeus helped make her out of clay though is what I meant
I know there was one story like that somewhere
also I’m very interested to know who the father is because it means she might have bothers or sisters and having a father with a fanbase of there own gives her a better chance at making it big time which is hard to do these days

3 Likes

woah, this , has so many questions.

3 Likes

so i read the thread, looks like this issue 800 is not Dawn of DC Wonder Woman…
is this 800 issue, going to be similar to a one shot, where one can just pick it up an read and not be lost, or does one need like the previous 10 issues to have any clue about what is going on??

4 Likes

It would be interesting to see a new big three that are still kids. Maybe Super Sons gain an extra member but obviously not a son lol

4 Likes

On tv, superman has 2 kids. Batman has helena wayne and damian wayne. Wonder Woman has Fury and Trinity.

2 Likes

My guess is this spins out of Knight Terrors, with Dream reintroducing his mother into canon in a similar way to how Mxyzptlk made Jon Kent canon. According to Dan DiDio, the pre-Flashpoint Vertigo universe was not one of the 52, so that means the Endless’ domain is not merely the multiverse but the omniverse, so Dream should be aware of the effects of the Flashpoint and the Crisis before it.

2 Likes

The Endless are not gods.

3 Likes

In the immortal words of Tuffnut Thorston, “Preach, sister! [… ] That was a rhetorical ‘preach’.”

4 Likes

Nice to see all this buzz about Wonder Woman! :00_wonder_woman_stars:

The more I think about this story, the more excited I am to read it.

To me Wonder Woman stories are like slices of pizza. Even when they’re bad, they’re good!

3 Likes

I think this is going to be interesting. I am excited to learn more about Trinity.

3 Likes

Looks like the plan is for a young Trinity to interact with Damian Wayne and Jon Kent. Trinity will maybe be aged up like the baby Damian Wayne. I seem to remember Damian Wayne was aged up from baby to kid age pretty fast. For Fury Lyta Trevor, I prefer a retcon so Fury is from the future similar to Helena Wayne.

2 Likes

I know this question wasn’t directed at me, but I wasn’t a big fan. I didn’t dislike it, but I find it a bit overrated. My biggest issue is that it took a run I really like (New 52), and just retconned it into a bunch of “lies”. I still feel like Azzarello & Chiang’s run is a high the Wonder Woman ongoing hasn’t really matched since. Have big hopes for King and Sampere, though.

4 Likes

Speaking for myself, I didn’t like the New 52 version at all. It made aspects of the mythos much darker and harsher than it need to be, the art it started with was weird (and the designs for the gods was bizarre) and it just didn’t feel like WW

6 Likes