DC History Club & Harley’s Crew present 📺 V FOR VENDETTA 💥 Book Club & Watch-Along/Scavenger Hunt! MONDAY 6/7 @ 6PM PST/9PM EST

Really?

4 Likes

I feel bad, because I missed wishing you a Happy Birthday, my fellow Gemini! I Hope it was a lot of Fun! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :clinking_glasses: :tada: :birthday:

3 Likes

Happy Belated Birthday.

2 Likes

Sure! Mine is too tiny to wear (it had to fit inside a box with a DVD, afterall) but it looks cute, all the same.

Sadly, I had to miss out on this WAL due to dinner and the Suns kicking the Nuggets in the nuggets :partying_face: :confetti_ball: , but…if V should wave his dark cloak our way once again, I shall make it!

Pending date and time, 'natch. :wink:

2 Likes

The puppy part or the really leaving part? :laughing:

That must’ve felt good….to watch :basketball:

3 Likes

Gotta love that corporate babble, eh?

“So, we’ll take the options available to the customer and present them to the customer in a manner that’s fast and fulfilling.”

“You mean, we’ll email them, Bob?”

“Yeah. Basically.”

everyone rolls their eyes at Bob as they get up to leave the conference room and grab the last few donuts from the Krispy Kreme box on their way out

2 Likes

Holy Hannah, it did! I’m not a big sports guy in general, but it does feel good to finally see the Suns back on a winning path. I hope they dunk the Nuggets in Victory Sauce on Wednesday. :grin:

2 Likes

Okay, I’m back. Sry.
@Vroom: If you’re going to watch a sport, basketball (and soccer) are the ones to start with…at least thats what I tell “not big sports fans” lol. If they make it thru this round, I hope you keep watching! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

You know, I’ve tried and tried to get into soccer, but it hasn’t stuck, yet. I’ll keep trying, though.

Baseball and football are the sports I tend to gravitate toward (probably because I’m pretty good at both of them, despite not having played them much). That said, I was pleased as spiked punch at how the Suns beat the Lakers. They have enough rings. Time for someone else to get the spotlight, I feel.

2 Likes

The US Woman’s Soccer team is one of the best in the world (4 World Cups!!) —I’ll nag you when the Olympics roll around, lol…when this striker strikes its :star_struck:

Or when this little ninja steps in…

I’m excited for another tournament, can you tell? :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Can I tell? No, not at all. :grin:

Nag away, as I know precisely diddily about the sport in most respects and am very eager to learn. :soccer: :goal_net:

SN: Are the Olympics on for this year?

2 Likes

:eyes: :soccer: I think watching certain teams is the best way to learn. Basic rules are pretty easy, tho… so you know when to yell at refs :joy:

4 Likes

Cool! I’d suggest a soccer WAL (in case I have questions, which I likely would), but IDK the feasibility of that.

2 Likes

Men’s team beat rivals Mexico Sunday night in a thrilling 3-2 in extra periods to win the first ever CONCAFA Nations League Cup!

3 Likes

ponders, Pinky and The Brain-style, the efficacy of hiring @Razzzcat and @msgtv as his official Soccer Consultants while he finishes The Dark Knight Rises

3 Likes

I saw @msgtv! I almost can’t believe it. (Our poor men’s team) The college boys scrimmage w/ our women, tho :full_moon_with_face: …so maybe someday they’ll make it out of group play? :speak_no_evil:

Yeah. Things get pretty animated. Might not be the best. Depends on the match tho.

4 Likes

Where would one, say…me, go to see soccer ATM?

Like, just flip around the dial, or is one channel/app/what have you more concentrated on it than the rest, right now?

pulls out his spiral notebook, eager to take notes

2 Likes

Watched every second of it, not the best played game, but US down twice and still managed to come back. Very young team, maybe make it out of group in Qatar, but prime for four years later.

2 Likes

Depends who you’re trying to watch…Fox Sports, Univision, ESPN :thinking: Premier League (UK) starts in August- that should still be NBC

I hope so!:crossed_fingers: Got my ladies, either way. :trophy: :us:

4 Likes

I’m not much for sports myself, but I would totally be on board for a WAL if our ladies make the Gold Medal game, as I’m sure they will! :us: :1st_place_medal:

4 Likes